FAA administrator to resign (holy crapola)

Ps……. For all the pilots out there. When you’re dealing with a controller who’s being grumpy and rude, just keep in mind most of us at busy facilities are being worked to death.

I really try to not take it out on pilots but sometimes when y’all get chippy it’s ONNNN. I’m here 6 days a week I don’t need to deal with SKW trying to go Mach .63 in a E175 and then getting lippy when I ask them to speed up on what was supposed to be my off day lmao. And yes that is so specific because it just happened a few mins ago
Not at SKYW anymore but when they first introduced the cost indexes, it would occasionally spit out a dumb number like .63
Combine that with “that one guy” that’s so clueless he isn’t smart enough to recognize anything wrong with that, you get geniuses flying slow as molasses. It was even worse when I did 9 months of 135 and guys were climbing out of LAX/LAS at 180. Telling them you’ve got guys lined up behind you doing 250 fell on deaf ears

Hope he's having fun with it. I don't want to work that hard or that much. Looking to do some contract flying. I would hope an ATC retirement is good enough that one doesn't need to work unless one wants to. I guess much depends on how many wife's you had and your investments. I'm on zero wife's but those cats are high maintenance...

Scheduled 6 day weeks AND 10 hour days here =)

oh, the EWR/PHL move has been progressing so well that they just had to scrap their entire automations plans and start over, and now they’re ripping out the brand new scopes they just installed at PHL for the move and have to scrounge up the same kind we have at N90 to hopefully get it to work.

After reading that, I'm confident that fully automated airliners, or airliners with only one pilot will be a reality any time now.

This is the same guy who tried to oust a whistle-blower through a false psychiatric eval? This guy's got quite the record.

I’d love to buy you a beer and talk about this, but it’s not going to be on the internet.

Maybe the FAA can get someone in charge who doesn't think its totally fine to have most of the countries busiest ATC facilities to be relying on 400+ hours of OT a year. Im scheduled 6 days a week every single week of the year that I dont have vacation time, and the head honchos in the FAA dont even recognize that as a problem.

Entire agency needs a shakeup, especially the Air Traffic side.
its part of their larger plan to work us to death so they don’t have to pay out retirement as long

its part of their larger plan to work us to death so they don’t have to pay out retirement as long

with the amount and degree of incompetence I’ve seen in management, I am fairly convinced it’s a deliberate attempt to drag FAA ATC down so far to make privatization happen. I just can’t fathom that decisions so blatantly stupid and illogical are being made out of honest stupidity.

Not at SKYW anymore but when they first introduced the cost indexes, it would occasionally spit out a dumb number like .63
Combine that with “that one guy” that’s so clueless he isn’t smart enough to recognize anything wrong with that, you get geniuses flying slow as molasses. It was even worse when I did 9 months of 135 and guys were climbing out of LAX/LAS at 180. Telling them you’ve got guys lined up behind you doing 250 fell on deaf ears
I’m sure they’re also wondering why they’re getting vectored off the departure or immediately being told to speed up

If that was the case Delta wouldn't have lost the suit and she was re-instated.

rumor i heard they even tried to settle with big $$$ and a NDA. The NDA was deal breaker...
Judge Morris said, in so many words at the conclusion of the proceedings, please settle this because you are not going to like my ruling much.

There are a lot of interesting tentacles to this. Turns out the Company Medical Examiner lost his license to practice medicine in a disciplinary hearing before whatever body regulates physicians in Illinois, as well.

with the amount and degree of incompetence I’ve seen in management, I am fairly convinced it’s a deliberate attempt to drag FAA ATC down so far to make privatization happen. I just can’t fathom that decisions so blatantly stupid and illogical are being made out of honest stupidity.
In the other Federal worlds I have experience with, it’s just SOP. It’s damn near impossible to get rid of an incompetent employee. What is the alternative for those that can’t do the work? Easy, promote them to stupidvisor/manager/admin!

Back