Sucky Eagle news update for the week

I wasn't 100% on that part. I'm not sure what they'll expect to get from us realistically. Our biggest cost issue is longevity in pilots, that's about to be self-correcting. They're just squeezing us so the new head pooh-bahs can get their synthetic ivory back-scratchers.

Screw 'em. We'll negotiate, but we won't roll over and take it in the rump. If that won't work, STFD.
The way I understand it, they've made their opening proposal and ALPA and AMR are "negotiating." If they can't reach an agreement amiable to both parties, then you'll get an 1113(c) motion.

The way I understand it, they've made their opening proposal and ALPA and AMR are "negotiating." If they can't reach an agreement amiable to both parties, then you'll get an 1113(c) motion.

Pretty much a gun to our heads. I don't deal with bullies. Text me sometime about how I dealt with a few lately.

Since you obviously don't know what you're talking about, I won't elaborate or use too many big words.

1) Each unionized employee group at AMR has its own contract.
2) This thread is about Eagle. Eagle has been profitable for years. In fact, IIRC it was even touted as profitable in D.C. a few years ago.
3) Therefore, a judge has to reject the contracts at EACH company, and Eagle is its own company, ergo, we're not nearly as screwed as the unfortunate folks at AA.

Try to keep up.

Classy. I'll stick to the facts and keep the conversation out of the pre-school sandbox though.

You can talk about how profitable Eagle is, but the fact of the matter is simple - there are no Eagle creditors...only AMR creditors. So if the judge sees that it is in the best interest of the creditors to reject the Eagle contract to reduce the costs at AMR and make AMR more profitable, guess what is going to happen?

Also, if Eagle operates like most other regionals do, they pass through all the fuel costs to the parent company. Hence, making most regionals profitable while the parent company is losing money. It is all just fancy accounting but in the end they are both losing money.

SAW! The former air base up in Marquette :)

I spent a LOT of time up there, at the old MQT airport and at SAW.

They do cop training there. And have driven remote control (full size) cars.

I haven't been on the ground there since it was the primary base for USAF F-4E and F-4G training and operations, along with an OV-10A squadron based there.

I haven't been on the ground there since it was the primary base for USAF F-4E and F-4G training and operations, along with an OV-10A squadron based there.
Used to fly over it daily. The housing quarters are falling apart and look terrible. The airport has random civ/mil traffic regularly.

Classy. I'll stick to the facts and keep the conversation out of the pre-school sandbox though.

You can talk about how profitable Eagle is, but the fact of the matter is simple - there are no Eagle creditors...only AMR creditors. So if the judge sees that it is in the best interest of the creditors to reject the Eagle contract to reduce the costs at AMR and make AMR more profitable, guess what is going to happen?

Also, if Eagle operates like most other regionals do, they pass through all the fuel costs to the parent company. Hence, making most regionals profitable while the parent company is losing money. It is all just fancy accounting but in the end they are both losing money.

How do you know what a judge sees? Go rain on somebody else's parade. Kicking Eagle pilots when they're down isn't helping anyone. We all know the situation ain't exactly pretty. But we're not gonna sit here and stare at our shoes, either. Buzz off.

Good luck, guys and gals. Give 'em hell, especially since we might be following you into bankruptcy in not too much longer. I'm sure our management guys are already paying attention to see what gets forced on Eagle. Then they'll take that and try to force more. It's inverse jacking up the house....

Good luck, guys and gals. Give 'em hell, especially since we might be following you into bankruptcy in not too much longer. I'm sure our management guys are already paying attention to see what gets forced on Eagle. Then they'll take that and try to force more. It's inverse jacking up the house....

Either way, give 'em hell. Screw them for FINALLY giving you a contract and then welching on the whole deal due to their horrendous mismanagement.

It's time to send a message to managements that hide behind press release rhetoric and shady financial sheets to do their dirty work. The airline business is no place for cowards. To hell with them.

What's wrong with the former George AFB? It's a cool place.

Nothing wrong with VCV. I've flown in there in many times and always get free lunch at Millionair! Last time I flew in, we landed a 206 with around 4 qts. and a bent pushrod. About another hour and we would have seized up. Love flying into VCV.

How do you know what a judge sees? Go rain on somebody else's parade. Kicking Eagle pilots when they're down isn't helping anyone. We all know the situation ain't exactly pretty. But we're not gonna sit here and stare at our shoes, either. Buzz off.

You're right. Arguing on the internet is really going to help the Eagle pilots in this bankruptcy. I apologize for providing realistic and factual information in this thread.

If you want to make personal attacks go post on APC on one of the gojet threads.

This is our industry and our livelihood. With that, I will ask, what are WE going to do about this?
Roll over play dead? Line up like sheep when they start hiring in a few years and do it for less money? Oh, and keep paying union dues to an association that allows an industry that flies a few planes with very few seat differences for 20 different pay rates. Same plane, same seats, one union=same pay.

Back