Sucky Eagle news update for the week

Lol

They should just add this:

-All pilots will be assigned to an American Eagle mobile RV unit, 6 pilots per unit, or 2 families per unit. Mandatory to live in these units when not on duty and never allowed to stray more than 40 miles from your home Airport ring, no exceptions.
-Pilots will be tracked with electronic ankle cuffs and automatically tazed if they leave their 40 mile ground ring.
-RV driving time between airports will be "unpaid"
-Fuel for the RV will be at pilots expense.
-$5,000 mx fee's will be automatically deducted from each pilot yearly for mandatory RV maintenance.
-RV driver training will be required 7 times a year at the pilots expense, failure will result in termination and a report to DMV.
-Make and model of the company assigned RV will be at company discretion but nothing newer than 1980 will be provided.
-Rent will be payroll deducted at $1900/month or $5,000 per family.
-Any changes to any policy in the contract will be at "company discretion" whenever we deem it necessary
-Starting 2013, all pilots will be no longer be compensated for flying, pilots will be billed their old hourly pay rate from 2012 each hour for the privilege of maintaining their current seat. We feel this is necessary to remain profitable in these tough times. We understand this will be a challenge but we know you are up to the task. Please remember to remain professional in these tough times.

You shouldn't have posted this.

Someone will read this and think its a good set of ideas you have written. :)

-105 Captain downgrades in addition to the 75 or so last couple months, massive displacements again, more furloughs to come # unknown
-SJU base closing

Bankruptcy term sheet presented, 75 million in cuts at Eagle overall. At AA they have refused to negotiate any changes into the term sheet so far with a "take it or we will go to the judge attitude", so I am expecting exactly the same for us.

This contract will bring us right to the BOTTOM of the industry for regionals.

Cliff notes:

-43.1 million in cuts from the pilot group alone, 20% cuts of the overall pilot payroll
-8 year contract duration
-Guarantee reduced to 70 hrs/month
-loss of 1 vacation week a year
-PBS implemented
-reserve rules changed for the worse
-401K match, 2% cut
-Pay bands implemented
-18yr top scale Captains pay cut and capped at 15yr pay. 15 yr Ca reduced to 14yr. We have 600+ captains maxed out at step 18 currently. Just based off min guarantee, this is a $7,000/yr cut. In reality much more.
-Additional 5% cut to ALL captain pay on top of the reduced longevity scale
-Additional Captain pay longevity freeze of 1year upon Date of signing
-Captain pay scale will be modified from 70 seat jet up to 76 seat jet, same pay rate
-No IAI adjustment for 2013-2014 (this is our annual guaranteed 2% raise) so another big cut.
-Loss of PVD's (personal vacation days)
-25 cent reduction in Per-diem (appx. $1,000 tax free cut a yr)
-DH pay reduced to 50%
-5 yr + FO's forced to upgrade if vacancy available
-ability to bid for annual training dates removed
-Company required computer based distance learning changed to "unpaid"
-if training cancels pilot will be changed to reserve status
-limit voluntary training events after new hire to 1
-FAA required training programs will be paid 3.5hr value of the day max, not missed trip pay
-Co-domiciles allowed
-Regular lines may contain reserve days built in
That is kind of a starting point, they shoot for something really low and know they will get something in between.

But those ideas blow.

That is kind of a starting point, they shoot for something really low and know they will get something in between.

But those ideas blow.

We could wish that was the case but they haven't budged on ANYTHING in AA's previously released term sheet which is similar to ours (slightly worse actually) and are supposedly taking it to court next week. They aren't negotiating in good faith. They are just saying these are the cost targets needed to survive, non negotiable. I expect the exact same treatment for us from these snakes.

Screw that. If this was a career job for a company that cared for you, maybe it would be worth taking cuts so that it may survive and return to former glory. But now they are just taking advantage of you. Take it to the judge, best of luck guys.

Screw that. If this was a career job for a company that cared for you, maybe it would be worth taking cuts so that it may survive and return to former glory. But now they are just taking advantage of you. Take it to the judge, best of luck guys.
Exactly. "IF" there was a PLAN for AMR to actually do a drastic overhaul of the business model: Drastically improve customer service, complete revamp to improve management/employee relations (probably 1 billion in savings right there), look for ways to do things better (not only cheaper) but BETTER than everyone else etc.. If they did that then maybe this wouldn't be so hard to swallow, we would have some hope.. but there is NO plan. No change.. The ONLY plan is to make everything cheaper and continue with EXACTLY the same failing strategy.

Their plan for profits isn't fixing a failing Business model, it's a plan to profit (short term) by screwing creditors over and stealing/skimming money from the employee's.. yeah, that might work for a couple years.. until it doesn't again. Then what.. they will want more? All this plan is going to do is backfire. 80,000 pissed off employee's can be a POWERFUL revenue sapping force of inefficient/wasteful/poor customer service.. Somehow, beyond my comprehension, they all completely missed that extremely critical lesson in business school and don't understand that concept AT ALL. They have no ability to see beyond quick short term gains and bonus grabs (which are extremely harmful in the long run). Or maybe they do know exactly what they are doing and they just DGAF.. e.g., Freddie Mac, Fannie May, AIG, Investment banks.. (EDIT): funny, as I finished writing this, it just finally clicked in my head. They do probably understand completely but they are instead just doing exactly what the others I mentioned did in essence (because it works). They really DGAF about anything other than short term money grabs at the expense of long term health. Sickening and immoral.. Should be illegal.

If I was the judge I would tell those idiots they have 2 options. Make a complete 180 on their epic failure of a business model which is destined to fail again OR liquidate and pay off the creditors, because these BS immoral schemes aren't gonna fly with me.

Wow I don't know what to say, those are ridiculous demands from where the rest of the industry is at. If implemented I wouldn't know what to say - I have to say at this point I dodged a bullet coming to my present company, so far at least the contract means we are "fairly" paid IMO. But 20% less? New upgrading CA's making $50,000 a year? WTF?

Although here's the deal, until planes start going down the pay will continue to go down. If someone making $25k a year as an FO and $50k a year as a CA can do the job well that is what it pays, just completely blows my mind that I am worth that (or less). Really, blows my mind. Also saddening.

I don't think any bankruptcy judge would impose something this draconian. Management can't claim that they need these terms to be able to compete, because no other regional is this pathetic in either pay or work rules. It's a massive overreach. I'd take it to the bankruptcy judge before accepting anything close to this nonsense.

Good luck, guys.

Yeah, but still it's bad. *edit_ actually I just looked at it again, this is what it says: "Allow Metropolitan co-domiciles system-wide and create a co-domicile for New York comprising (LGA) and (JFK),JFK and LGA will be treated as a single domicile for all purposes except as stated herein.
12. Other co-domiciles may be created to include two or more airports within forty (40) miles of the primary co-domicile (e.g. EWR may be added to the LGA-JFK co-domicile " .

Lots of people that live there don't have a car. Or think about how it could affect a commuter. Lots of cities don't fly to one or the other. I know I can't get to LGA or EWR from my home. This sucks. Have also heard talk about MDW-ORD, DFW-DAL.. what about Florida? MIA-FLL, California? LAX-??

Although there was a note added in that said: we understand that this could cause commuting problems to major metropolitan areas, missed assignments situations will be considered. Lol

AA has had co-domiciles for decades. When I was based in "LGA", I worked trips out of JFK, LGA and EWR. That's just the way it was and we dealt with it. There was also FLL/MIA and SFO/SJC. With very few exceptions, your trip ended at the same airport it started at, so if you drove at least you'd end up at the same airport to get your car. Commuting was simple, get to whatever airport you could and take public transportation or a cab to where you needed to be. There are plenty of cabs & van/car services that go between LGA & JFK, and there was a bus/shuttle that went from LGA out to EWR.

How can they close the Rock?! Giving up the market on the island hopping down there, eh? Geez, that's awful...

I don't think any bankruptcy judge would impose something this draconian. Management can't claim that they need these terms to be able to compete, because no other regional is this pathetic in either pay or work rules. It's a massive overreach. I'd take it to the bankruptcy judge before accepting anything close to this nonsense.

Good luck, guys.
I agree. Take it to the courts and let a judge mediate. Those cuts are beyond what is reasonable.

Who'd have thought that Great Lake's and other bottom-feeders would actually look like a very wise more over Eagle? AMR/AA is a hateful and evil company. As much as I hate AMR and APA members (for what they did to TWA) - I mostly despise management for taking huge bonuses while cutting EE's pay (voluntarily given, BTW) and charging me huge fees for various things. I always looked at AA pilots as truly pathetic in may ways - they absolutely put the screws to TWA...but they've been so totally ass-raped by management that while I can't have complete sympathy, I see them just in a pathetic light. Now...for Eagle - ALPA guys and such - I'm sorry. All I can say is that you bet your career with Eagle in hopes of climbing to AA - and that even if your dream would have happened...you still would have worked for AMR/AA - which sucks. So, for those that can or desire to tough it out - at least with BK AMR will end up being changed - and it could only change for the better because it was a mismanaged POS to begin with.

Sorry about all this stuff guys. BK judge would do better for you. A wildcat strike or simply walking off the job and going to McDonald's would do better for you. STFD - and that is from me - a pure management type who thinks of EE's like motor-oil.

Karma can be a mean thing sometimes, this will all probably be applauded by Wallstreet and improve the stock prices... but a couple years from now (if AE still exists) when they can't hire pilots with 300 hours any more there going to have a heck of a time finding people wanting to fly for them with a track record of doing stuff like this. Especially if they're competing with other regionals for pilots. Time will tell I guess.

We ain't beat yet.

As far as things go, this is just a shot across the bow to try and rattle us. They know that a profitable company is going to have a hard time getting the judge to agree to imposing terms that harsh. As they say in business, "Never accept their first offer."

This won't stick. Word on the street is that AA tried to take it to the judge and the judge said 'No- go talk to your people'. I get the feeling that the climate of the world has shifted ever so slightly, and it won't be quite so easily AMR to bend us over the barrel this time.

We ain't beat yet.

As far as things go, this is just a shot across the bow to try and rattle us. They know that a profitable company is going to have a hard time getting the judge to agree to imposing terms that harsh. As they say in business, "Never accept their first offer."

This won't stick. Word on the street is that AA tried to take it to the judge and the judge said 'No- go talk to your people'. I get the feeling that the climate of the world has shifted ever so slightly, and it won't be quite so easily AMR to bend us over the barrel this time.

Yep, the first offer from the company is always a joke. The union does the same type of initial posturing, just in the other direction. I'm sure it'll come together somewhere in the middle.

Best of luck to all of you anyway.

ya but our union already has the mind set that we will need to take it, the phone conference they held made that clear. They are puppets.

Back