Sucky Eagle news update for the week

Embraer Expects Flood Of Large Regional Jet Orders From U.S. Carriers

http://www.aviationweek.com/Article.aspx?id=/article-xml/avd_06_06_2012_p03-02-464940.xml

So...who's going to be? Unless it's AA flying them themselves, doesn't bode well for the industry.

According to the term sheet between APA and US Airways Management, E190s, CRJ 1000s and C series and anything between 82 and 120 (I think?) seats, but excluding the 118 seat 717s are considered Category C "Regional Jets" and can make up 25% of the RJs allowed in the scope clause and will be flown by pilots on the mainline seniority list. There are also requirements for adding Category C jets for every jet moved from cat A (30-70 seats) to cat B (71-81) at a 1 for 4 or 1 for 2 rate depending on which category is being replaced.

I *think* I have all those seat numbers right but they may be slightly different.

Safe to say, the big jets will be flown at mainline, probably for a B (well hell, I'd guess we are down to D or E scale now) wage.

I'd rather fly on a B scale at a major than rot away for 10 plus years at Eagle, like many of our guys have been. For many, bigger jets at mainline is a good thing. For some it'd be a push, and for some it'd be bad. Industry-wide, it's a good thing. Hardly anybody wants to retire from Pinnacle, XJT, or Eagle, do they?

I'd rather fly on a B scale at a major than rot away for 10 plus years at Eagle, like many of our guys have been. For many, bigger jets at mainline is a good thing. For some it'd be a push, and for some it'd be bad. Industry-wide, it's a good thing. Hardly anybody wants to retire from Pinnacle, XJT, or Eagle, do they?

What are their retirement packages like?

What are their retirement packages like?

Doesn't matter. Ask the any of the major's guys what their retirement is like now versus 10 years ago.

I don't want to spend my career at a place where the name on my paycheck doesn't match the name on the tail of the plane I am flying. You have absolutely no protection in that case.

Back