Sucky Eagle news update for the week

RPM

-105 Captain downgrades in addition to the 75 or so last couple months, massive displacements again, more furloughs to come # unknown
-SJU base closing

Bankruptcy term sheet presented, 75 million in cuts at Eagle overall. At AA they have refused to negotiate any changes into the term sheet so far with a "take it or we will go to the judge attitude", so I am expecting exactly the same for us.

This contract will bring us right to the BOTTOM of the industry for regionals.

Cliff notes:

-43.1 million in cuts from the pilot group alone, 20% cuts of the overall pilot payroll
-8 year contract duration
-Guarantee reduced to 70 hrs/month
-loss of 1 vacation week a year
-PBS implemented
-reserve rules changed for the worse
-401K match, 2% cut
-Pay bands implemented
-18yr top scale Captains pay cut and capped at 15yr pay. 15 yr Ca reduced to 14yr. We have 600+ captains maxed out at step 18 currently. Just based off min guarantee, this is a $7,000/yr cut. In reality much more.
-Additional 5% cut to ALL captain pay on top of the reduced longevity scale
-Additional Captain pay longevity freeze of 1year upon Date of signing
-Captain pay scale will be modified from 70 seat jet up to 76 seat jet, same pay rate
-No IAI adjustment for 2013-2014 (this is our annual guaranteed 2% raise) so another big cut.
-Loss of PVD's (personal vacation days)
-25 cent reduction in Per-diem (appx. $1,000 tax free cut a yr)
-DH pay reduced to 50%
-5 yr + FO's forced to upgrade if vacancy available
-ability to bid for annual training dates removed
-Company required computer based distance learning changed to "unpaid"
-if training cancels pilot will be changed to reserve status
-limit voluntary training events after new hire to 1
-FAA required training programs will be paid 3.5hr value of the day max, not missed trip pay
-Co-domiciles allowed
-Regular lines may contain reserve days built in

-Co-domiciles allowed** I know that is a relatively small thing on that laundry list but does this mean you could have pilots based in both DFW/MIA at the same time?! How can someone live like that?! 2 crash pads and a home...yikes!

-Co-domiciles allowed** I know that is a relatively small thing on that laundry list but does this mean you could have pilots based in both DFW/MIA at the same time?! How can someone live like that?! 2 crash pads and a home...yikes!

No. In the term sheet it was for the LGA/JFK domiciles.

No. In the term sheet it was for the LGA/JFK domiciles.

Yeah, but still it's bad. *edit_ actually I just looked at it again, this is what it says: "Allow Metropolitan co-domiciles system-wide and create a co-domicile for New York comprising (LGA) and (JFK),JFK and LGA will be treated as a single domicile for all purposes except as stated herein.
12. Other co-domiciles may be created to include two or more airports within forty (40) miles of the primary co-domicile (e.g. EWR may be added to the LGA-JFK co-domicile " .

Lots of people that live there don't have a car. Or think about how it could affect a commuter. Lots of cities don't fly to one or the other. I know I can't get to LGA or EWR from my home. This sucks. Have also heard talk about MDW-ORD, DFW-DAL.. what about Florida? MIA-FLL, California? LAX-??

Although there was a note added in that said: we understand that this could cause commuting problems to major metropolitan areas, missed assignments situations will be considered. Lol

I have a feeling AMR knows they won't accept it and just want a reason to turn Eagle into the next comair.

Yeah, but still it's bad. *edit_ actually I just looked at it again, this is what it says: "Allow Metropolitan co-domiciles system-wide and create a co-domicile for New York comprising (LGA) and (JFK),JFK and LGA will be treated as a single domicile for all purposes except as stated herein.
12. Other co-domiciles may be created to include two or more airports within forty (40) miles of the primary co-domicile (e.g. EWR may be added to the LGA-JFK co-domicile " .

Lots of people that live there don't have a car. Or think about how it could affect a commuter. Lots of cities don't fly to one or the other. I know I can't get to LGA or EWR from my home. This sucks. Have also heard talk about MDW-ORD, DFW-DAL.. what about Florida? MIA-FLL, California? LAX-??

Come on, the LAX/BUR/ONT/LGA/SNA/PSP/SAN/SBA shuffle is CAKE! :)

yep, sucks. We can take it and most likely keep the flying, or reject it and get the comair. Hopefully something in the middle is what play out I guess. I know many people are beyond hard to get our flying, so if we do take it, not one of us wants to hear it.

I have a feeling AMR knows they won't accept it and just want a reason to turn Eagle into the next comair.
They are going to do exactly like they are doing with AA. No good faith negotiations, no movement at all on the target numbers, then they will file the 1113 with the court, 51 days later they go to the bankruptcy judge and have it (very likely) court imposed.

Not a damn thing we can do about it really. Our MEC is no help at all, not that we really have any "legal" leverage to do anything about it anyway.

The sad thing is according to our quarterly reports we are actually profitable. What a joke. The laws in this country are ########.

I do love that email we got that you mentioned RPM. We're profitable but we need massive cuts.

Come on, the LAX/BUR/ONT/LGA/SNA/PSP/SAN/SBA shuffle is CAKE! :)
Lol

They should just add this:

-All pilots will be assigned to an American Eagle mobile RV unit, 6 pilots per unit, or 2 families per unit. Mandatory to live in these units when not on duty and never allowed to stray more than 40 miles from your home Airport ring, no exceptions.
-Pilots will be tracked with electronic ankle cuffs and automatically tazed if they leave their 40 mile ground ring.
-RV driving time between airports will be "unpaid"
-Fuel for the RV will be at pilots expense.
-$5,000 mx fee's will be automatically deducted from each pilot yearly for mandatory RV maintenance.
-RV driver training will be required 7 times a year at the pilots expense, failure will result in termination and a report to DMV.
-Make and model of the company assigned RV will be at company discretion but nothing newer than 1980 will be provided.
-Driver will be required to a wear his company approved hat when operating the RV
-FO's are not authorized to do circle to park or reverse backing of the RV under any circumstances, this is a Captains only maneuver.
-RV Rent will be payroll deducted at $1900/month or $5,000 per family.
-Any changes to any policy in the contract will be at "company discretion" whenever we deem it necessary
-Starting 2013, all pilots will be no longer be compensated for flying, pilots will be billed their old hourly pay rate from 2012 each hour for the privilege of maintaining their current seat. We feel this is necessary to remain profitable in these tough times. We understand this will be a challenge but we know you are up to the task. Please remember to remain professional in these tough times.

where did you hear about the SJU closure?
FA union spilled the beans and sent out a letter.. Of course our union doesn't give out any info because of NDA's.

"Below is a message sent to the SJU FA's from AR AFA LEC President. Your MEC will conitnue to provide as much updated information as we move forward through this process. This is extremely upseting and rest assured all contractual provisions in effect will apply. AFA MEC.......... ...

It saddenes me to make this announment. I was authorize to let you all know that it is official - the SJU base will be closing through a phase-out (subject to change). The effective date is still unknown, but it appears that March 2013 is now the plan. To many of you this may not be a surprise , but its my obligation to let you know as your base leader.

As always, AFA will continue to stand up for you during this difficult process, and we will do whatever we can to help you through. I know you'll have many, many questions. Unfortunately, the information we have now is limited, but as soon as I have more to tell you, I will pass it on."

Holy smokes. I gotta think more than a few would pull their chutes if that is the way it all shakes out. Good luck folks.

Back