Sucky Eagle news update for the week

Yep, the first offer from the company is always a joke. The union does the same type of initial posturing, just in the other direction. I'm sure it'll come together somewhere in the middle.

Best of luck to all of you anyway.

Now's the time to not blink. "Who Dares, Wins."

Cheer up Eaglets! It's lookin more and more likely you will all be sucked up into Uncle Doug's House of Pain..and under that regime management will only beat you once a day vs. twice.

thought I was reading eaglelounge there for a second.

oh yeah. this sucks. any part of it that sticks will be a major hit to qol. I feel for all the junior captains who finally upgraded in 2011 after being stuck for so long - many will be fo again soon.

let's see what big Tony can do (lol). if it gets bad enough we'll just vote with our feet.

32120.jpg

I'm not sure where Tony Martins went after he got canned at Eagle - but he most likely had a huge favor done to him. That has to burn Eagle guys.

I'm not sure where Tony Martins went after he got canned at Eagle - but he most likely had a huge favor done to him. That has to burn Eagle guys.

Not really. Word is he went to CommutAir. I'm not sure how things are there comparatively, but I'm still glad that lying toolbag is gone.

We have enough problems without the likes of him prancing around the crew room. (Fortunately, he and several other of our most notorious personalities have moved onward and/or upward lately.)

Lol

They should just add this:

-All pilots will be assigned to an American Eagle mobile RV unit, 6 pilots per unit, or 2 families per unit. Mandatory to live in these units when not on duty and never allowed to stray more than 40 miles from your home Airport ring, no exceptions.
-Pilots will be tracked with electronic ankle cuffs and automatically tazed if they leave their 40 mile ground ring.
-RV driving time between airports will be "unpaid"
-Fuel for the RV will be at pilots expense.
-$5,000 mx fee's will be automatically deducted from each pilot yearly for mandatory RV maintenance.
-RV driver training will be required 7 times a year at the pilots expense, failure will result in termination and a report to DMV.
-Make and model of the company assigned RV will be at company discretion but nothing newer than 1980 will be provided.
-Driver will be required to a wear his company approved hat when operating the RV
-FO's are not authorized to do circle to park or reverse backing of the RV under any circumstances, this is a Captains only maneuver.
-RV Rent will be payroll deducted at $1900/month or $5,000 per family.
-Any changes to any policy in the contract will be at "company discretion" whenever we deem it necessary
-Starting 2013, all pilots will be no longer be compensated for flying, pilots will be billed their old hourly pay rate from 2012 each hour for the privilege of maintaining their current seat. We feel this is necessary to remain profitable in these tough times. We understand this will be a challenge but we know you are up to the task. Please remember to remain professional in these tough times.

Hey, it worked for years at Gulfstream....

We ain't beat yet.

As far as things go, this is just a shot across the bow to try and rattle us. They know that a profitable company is going to have a hard time getting the judge to agree to imposing terms that harsh. As they say in business, "Never accept their first offer."

This won't stick. Word on the street is that AA tried to take it to the judge and the judge said 'No- go talk to your people'. I get the feeling that the climate of the world has shifted ever so slightly, and it won't be quite so easily AMR to bend us over the barrel this time.

braveheart.jpg

We ain't beat yet.

As far as things go, this is just a shot across the bow to try and rattle us. They know that a profitable company is going to have a hard time getting the judge to agree to imposing terms that harsh. As they say in business, "Never accept their first offer."

This won't stick. Word on the street is that AA tried to take it to the judge and the judge said 'No- go talk to your people'. I get the feeling that the climate of the world has shifted ever so slightly, and it won't be quite so easily AMR to bend us over the barrel this time.

I would hardly call AMR a profitable company. They have lost ~$7b since 2008. One quarter or year in the black numbers does not suddenly move a company into the "profitable" category.

I would hardly call AMR a profitable company. They have lost ~$7b since 2008. One quarter or year in the black numbers does not suddenly move a company into the "profitable" category.
I think he meant Eagle. Eagle is the only portion of AMR that makes money... so the judge wouldt side with them on these issues as readily as they would the unions side.

Since you obviously don't know what you're talking about, I won't elaborate or use too many big words.

1) Each unionized employee group at AMR has its own contract.
2) This thread is about Eagle. Eagle has been profitable for years. In fact, IIRC it was even touted as profitable in D.C. a few years ago.
3) Therefore, a judge has to reject the contracts at EACH company, and Eagle is its own company, ergo, we're not nearly as screwed as the unfortunate folks at AA.

Try to keep up.

Since you obviously don't know what you're talking about, I won't elaborate or use too many big words.

1) Each unionized employee group at AMR has its own contract.
2) This thread is about Eagle. Eagle has been profitable for years. In fact, IIRC it was even touted as profitable in D.C. a few years ago.
3) Therefore, a judge has to reject the contracts at EACH company, and Eagle is its own company, ergo, we're not nearly as screwed as the unfortunate folks at AA.

Try to keep up.
And they haven't (yet) filed a motion under 10 USC 1113(c) to reject any contracts at American Eagle.

And they haven't (yet) filed a motion under 10 USC 1113(c) to reject any contracts at American Eagle.

I wasn't 100% on that part. I'm not sure what they'll expect to get from us realistically. Our biggest cost issue is longevity in pilots, that's about to be self-correcting. They're just squeezing us so the new head pooh-bahs can get their synthetic ivory back-scratchers.

Screw 'em. We'll negotiate, but we won't roll over and take it in the rump. If that won't work, STFD.

Back