So what will be the dates next year?

Rocketman99

Frozen Guppy Manipulator
My vacation bidding for next year closes on the 29th. So Doug/Kristie, any idea on what the dates will be for NJC/ACE next year?

We don't have the dates yet for this year..

We found out that NBAA is in Vegas next year from October 10-12, so we may do it around then to make it easier for exhibitors to be there...

but we may also move it up to September (last 2 weeks) to stay clear of the NBAA and other shows that kept exhibitors away this year.

When we get our negotiations done and dates set, we'll let you know!

we're hoping it'll be in the next 4-5 months (after January) when all the dust is settled.

Room rates, car rates, everything goes up dramatically when a big convention like NBAA is in town. You guys picked a great week to have a convention.

but we may also move it up to September (last 2 weeks) to stay clear of the NBAA and other shows that kept exhibitors away this year.

Ooh--DH already has his vacation award for the last week in Sept and first week of Oct. If you have it around then, we'll be in! That is, if you allow us old folks! :laff:

Room rates, car rates, everything goes up dramatically when a big convention like NBAA is in town. You guys picked a great week to have a convention.

NBAA is a tuesday to thursday though (I'm here in ATL now surrounded by it), the Sunday-Tues before would probably not be a problem.

But yeah, it would be nice to get my vacation request in by January.

If you have it in September, I may be out again... I'll look at the vacation schedule this year...

Last year the contract went to the 27th of September...so a September date means no go for me.

Is there a reason that only Sept/Oct are discussed that I'm not aware of? DutchGirl and I were thinking how nice it would be to escape the warmth and sunshine of a Michigan winter for a few days in Vegas around Jan/Feb.

Although that would mean waiting even longer for the next event so... disregard.

October at one point just seemed to work with most people....no major holidays to avoid, good flight loads, cooler weather...January is too close to xmas/new years and most are probably out of vacation time by then...February can be pretty darn cold in the desert type climate and there are holidays that we have to avoid. We need to stay away from spring break traffic and easter in March & April...

So, it really just depends on flight loads, holidays, school schedules, vacation timing etc...and for the past 7 years, October seemed to work out until we recently found out NBAA is right around the same time :p

We're going to try to get the dates ASAP because we're already about three months behind the planning process.

Hopefully have RFP's out early next week, perhaps some new site visits, some negotiation etc.

I'd like to get the date and location set so I can start pimping you guys to work on your airlines to come exhibit.

I absolutely cannot do what I did last year because it was just too hard to plan, work, market and crawl around on my hands and knees begging for recruiters to get back to me and commit.

Preferably, I'd like to have two people per airline, but before you volunteer, it's going to be a lot of hard work.

Email doesn't work.

Telephone calls barely work.

Email followed by telephone calls and then backup telephone calls and backup emails DO in most cases.

You'll be told "No", but you really have to rearrange your tactics and keep hitting them until they (a) curse at you (b) block your number or (c) tell you they'll give it a shot and give you an opportunity.

And then they'll cancel on you which is when you pick up the telephone again and start the process all over again.

It's not a job for the weak and it's literally an emotional roller coaster, but if we can help some good people find employment in a tight market, it's all worth it. You'll meet a lot of great people, be on a first name basis with a number of them and it's actually very rewarding in the long run.

Lemme know which week you decide to guess on Matt. I'll bid the same. Maybe we can both move our week easier when the time comes? Or probably not, but worth a shot.

A rental car in Atlanta was $350 for a shade over twenty four hours last week - I took the Marta back and forth.

It would be nice next year to not have to fly from Vegas to ATL (or MCO) for NBAA ;)

Sho nuff. Can we at least ballpark the dates?

I have to bid vacation by the 15th. I can slide/re-bid later, but at least nailing down an adjacent week would be a big help.

I can say that it shouldn't be a problem for me if it remains in October. The later the better due to the possibility of being extended during a busy fire season.

please familiarize yourself with post #2...that's as far as it's gone talk wise right now :)

please familiarize yourself with post #2...that's as far as it's gone talk wise right now :)

Got it, but at least knowing what month would greatly simplify my life... There are other trade shows I need to be at around then, and their dates are already firm ;)

Back