RIP Jim Tweto

That's sad, he seemed to be the only person in the family with an ounce of common sense.

1687024829234.png

This one cracked me up!

Like Steve Faucett, it can be any one of us. He seemed like a solid human being, RIP.

And yes Ariel's hawt.

Really? I always thought he seemed like a real piece of work to work for. Not as bad as that guy who runs Buffalo Airways in the Ice Pilots series, but still kind of a jerk

Really? I always thought he seemed like a real piece of work to work for. Not as bad as that guy who runs Buffalo Airways in the Ice Pilots series, but still kind of a jerk
You have to remember that it was TV, so not necessarily accurate. I met a few of those pilots during my time out there, and they were all pretty cool. There was another daughter not on the show, and she was pretty cool to chat with.

RIP Jim.

I flew for Jim for several years. And flew with his daughter, Elaine, in Kotzebue. Jim treated me very well. He was a very good pilot (and Elaine is a far better pilot than I).

I ran into him in Unalakleet last summer, and even though we hadn’t seen one another for several years we picked up like there had been no interruption. I appreciated that.

When Jim was an owner of Hageland/Ravn he worked all day, every day. He’d manage fleet movements (i.e., coordinating the movement of planes from bases to mx locations) while flying loads of bypass and while managing the UNK base. All on channel 88A (I think) on the marine band radio. I’d land in UNK with an empty plane, Ferno would spot two pallets beside my plane, and Jim would get all 1800 pounds loaded in the time it took me to fuel. He was an amazingly fast and hard worker. And it was this way in the summer, when it was 55 degrees and calm, and in the winter, when it was -20 and blowing 35. He wasn’t fazed by much, and it was pretty darn impressive.

I was hoping to bump into him again this summer, but I guess that won’t be happening. I’m told his service will be held today at the museum at Lake Hood. Wish I could be there.

That's sad, he seemed to be the only person in the family with an ounce of common sense
Even sadder, it only SEEMED that way. The manipulative power of TV producers' skills at juxtapositioning visuals should never be underestimated.

Back