Youtuber Fatal Crash

That CFI was terrible, indeed.

In MagicDergWerld, I’d love a look at her PPL checkride because someone signed her off.

I remember at JetU (yeah yeah, make the jokes), there was one scab Eastern guy who was an instructor. I remember one time a guy was completely screwing up his instrument stuff in the CRJ sim and in his old man voice he goes, “who gave your instrument rating?!? I oughta pull his license!”

LOL

I found that one hilarious. Insulting not just the pilot, but the guy who signed him off.

It's great you did that. I had a tough time on my Capts upgrade in the sims. Really just wanted to crawl back to the right seat and be a PFO. My IOE checkairman was awesome. He had me do a visual into Philly with no automation. It went really well and he complimented me, saying I did better than most guys with that. Huge confidence booster.

It’s a carry-over from my LCP training.

He was big on “do all this (expletive) when you have time to talk about it and demystify it. Because if all this happens when you’re not expecting it, you’re doing to do some really bad things to a perfectly flyable airplane”.

I made a joke about if all the automation died, including the AFCS (flight control panel) went blank and died, how would you handle that? We talked through it and then low and behold, that’s exactly what happened on a five mile final.

Looks like all of her flying videos are gone now. It definitely seems like the lawyers have gotten ahold of it. Her merch store is still open though.
I wonder what the lawyers are protecting? it was only her and her father that perished. I can’t think of anyone that would be suing her estate.

I wonder what the lawyers are protecting? it was only her and her father that perished. I can’t think of anyone that would be suing her estate.

Unless dad's estate is suing the daughter's insurance to try and extract some compensation.

I guess it could also be her family wanting to get it off the internet to try and preserve her memory.

Unless dad's estate is suing the daughter's insurance to try and extract some compensation.

I guess it could also be her family wanting to get it off the internet to try and preserve her memory.
The first one I just can’t see unless his Current wife is someone other than her mother. Which is certainly a possibility.

but the second one definitely makes sense with all the Monday morning qb’s in the pilot world.

Looks like all of her flying videos are gone now. It definitely seems like the lawyers have gotten ahold of it. Her merch store is still open though.

Makes perfect sense when a lawsuit is brewing which is steering away from pilot error. She was a freaking disaster which is detrimental to a lawsuit blaming the airplane or anything other than her abilities. Ironically, it will be forums like this that lawyers use to prove a case or defend against anything related to pilot error. I have actually been called twice by legal teams and news outlets for threads on forums…

If it was anyone close to me the entire thing would be so painful I would absolutely want them down and out of sight. I think the lawsuit speculation is overthinking it.

People do weird things when it comes to wanting to keep someone’s name clean or right some perceived wrong that really isn’t one. And lawyers that will see an opportunity to further same. All to do the same thing everyone does after someone dies in an accident “he/she was the safest and best pilot there was”….

It’s not whether you win or lose, but how you place the blame.

People do weird things when it comes to wanting to keep someone’s name clean or right some perceived wrong that really isn’t one. And lawyers that will see an opportunity to further same. All to do the same thing everyone does after someone dies in an accident “he/she was the safest and best pilot there was”….

It’s not whether you win or lose, but how you place the blame.
And who can be financially compensated, the bottom line is the bottom line for many people. Denying many people don't assume the loss of a "loved" one these days as anything other than a possible payday is easily verifiable by the army of lawyers that inevitably show up with the best interests of their clients after any tragedy.

As an accountant, how much fun would it be IF dad had a large, taxable estate, and the daughter was the primary heir {assume he is a widower)? How would the Common Disaster clause work with Estate Tax? Same as with life insurance - assume the Insured dies first, then primary beneficiary or - or does estate tax law work differently? Some tax lawyer has a possibility of a really good billable month.

As an accountant, how much fun would it be IF dad had a large, taxable estate, and the daughter was the primary heir {assume he is a widower)? How would the Common Disaster clause work with Estate Tax? Same as with life insurance - assume the Insured dies first, then primary beneficiary or - or does estate tax law work differently? Some tax lawyer has a possibility of a really good billable month.
www.lawcareers.com is over yonder

Back