Purple Vacancy Posting

Would somebody care to opine on what this could mean for those who class up at saayyy the 18 month mark? Is it years of reserve in Memphis or just normal career progression?

This particular topic is the one that’s getting in my head at the places I really want to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would somebody care to opine on what this could mean for those who class up at saayyy the 18 month mark? Is it years of reserve in Memphis or just normal career progression?

This particular topic is the one that’s getting in my head at the places I really want to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Give me 12 months and ill have a better answer for you. This economy scares me but we have about 5% retiring every year for the foreseeable future.

Curiously, is it still verboten to discuss leaving the Corps for airline flying, within the Corps? I'd heard that was the case long ago from my USMC coworkers.

For the most part, I'm sure there's someone here or there that has less than a 1000 but it's an outlier.

FWIW, at NGPA 2018 I had a nice chat with them, after a friend made an introduction to the recruiter for me. Recruiter was super nice and friendly, but basically told me to pound sand until I get 1000 TPIC, so we just chatted about non-job things. On the plus side, hopefully we'll have a good chat again this year and I'm pretty damn close to 1000 now, so.... We'll just see!

Curiously, is it still verboten to discuss leaving the Corps for airline flying, within the Corps? I'd heard that was the case long ago from my USMC coworkers.

We hear the stories, too. Obviously, there is a balance to be struck. There is an understanding these days that everybody is/should be working hard to get out even if it is no time soon. It is a daily topic of conversation. That said, the slightly disillusioned, very well qualified IP cadre can't just sit in the ready room in front of the students and talk about their airline apps all day and how they can't wait to leave. That's not professional. You just have to know your room. Everybody (including your front office) knows you're working hard to get the airline job. But until then...
images

FWIW, at NGPA 2018 I had a nice chat with them, after a friend made an introduction to the recruiter for me. Recruiter was super nice and friendly, but basically told me to pound sand until I get 1000 TPIC, so we just chatted about non-job things. On the plus side, hopefully we'll have a good chat again this year and I'm pretty damn close to 1000 now, so.... We'll just see!

Totally been there! It can be so frustrating. Hopefully this is the year for you!

228 widebody CAP vacancies, 21 narrowbody CAP vacancies, 307 widebody F/O vacancies and 71 narrowbody F/O vacancies.

600 new hires in the next 12-18 months.

Bid closes in a couple weeks. 757 Captain should be <12 months, widebody upgrade is a moving target but I'm thinking <4 years. We'll see..
How many months does this cover?

Was this after they recently changed their 1k TPIC from required to preferred? I've only heard of 1 person getting hired without it but didn't know them personally. The quick upgrade makes me consider applying since it would be a pay cut until I upgraded there but I don't have the requirement either.

Back