Leave AA for Fedex?

How long were you at Alaska? What kinda age range were you to leave for United? How's it at UAL so far?

Was at Alaska for a year. I am 27. Toughest choice of my entire life because I always wanted to work for Alaska. But things change. Like United. I flew for United Express in the past and I can't believe the difference in the United today from then. I am VERY impressed with this company and what's going on right now. I think the potential is high for a good future here.

Was at Alaska for a year. I am 27. Toughest choice of my entire life because I always wanted to work for Alaska. But things change. Like United. I flew for United Express in the past and I can't believe the difference in the United today from then. I am VERY impressed with this company and what's going on right now. I think the potential is high for a good future here.

Dang, at that age it doesn't matter LOL. You'll still be in the top uber .5% of any legacy.

What am I doing wrong with my life???

What am I doing wrong with my life???

I dunno, life takes turns in weird ways. I can tell you that when I started flying, Alaska is about the last place I thought I would end up at but that is now happening. It's no offense to Alaska, it's just being an east coast boy, Alaska wasn't really in the picture. Growing up it was always US Airways, Southwest, Continental, and Delta.

But now I'm starting to learn/read up about Alaska. Bought Nancy Hollenbeck's book, a pictorial history on Alaska Airlines. I'm very impressed so far with what I'm reading.

You wanna know pure gold? The ticked off US Airways guys that came here in 2007 and are super senior and always had a beef with AWA and the Nicolau. Now that the shoe is on the other foot and Alaska has senior CAs hired 1979-80s-90s, ask 'em if the USAPA mantra of DOH sounds fair. :D
Ask @amorris311 what its like reasoning with the 99 hires from airways at jet blue.

There is no common ground. DOH!!

I dunno, life takes turns in weird ways. I can tell you that when I started flying, Alaska is about the last place I thought I would end up at but that is now happening. It's no offense to Alaska, it's just being an east coast boy, Alaska wasn't really in the picture. Growing up it was always US Airways, Southwest, Continental, and Delta.

But now I'm starting to learn/read up about Alaska. Bought Nancy Hollenbeck's book, a pictorial history on Alaska Airlines. I'm very impressed so far with what I'm reading.
True that. I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up, but I'm enjoying the journey.

Interesting question for all. Let's hypothetically say there is this dude. And he turns forty in July. And let's say he gets hired at a major in 4-6 years. Where would he maybe land seniority wise with a 20-25 year career? And could this totally hypothetical dude ever be a Captain?

Interesting question for all. Let's hypothetically say there is this dude. And he turns forty in July. And let's say he gets hired at a major in 4-6 years. Where would he maybe land seniority wise with a 20-25 year career? And could this totally hypothetical dude ever be a Captain?
Yes I think so.

May be captaining a drone from your living from wearing footy pajamas but you'll be in charge. Captain told me today thats what I'll be doing when I retire.

A 40 year old hired today at AA would retire a wide body captain (Assuming AA is still flying them and not NAI/ME3). You'd definitely retire a CA if hired in the next 4-6 years.

Nah it's just that there is a bevy of information from up/downturns "OMG this is the best/worst place EVARRRRRR" and yet still, people think the truisms of "you literally have no idea until your retirement flight" adage doesn't still apply.

Ignore history, this is nao! :)

Nah it's just that there is a bevy of information from up/downturns "OMG this is the best/worst place EVARRRRRR" and yet still, people think the truisms of "you literally have no idea until your retirement flight" adage doesn't still apply.

Ignore history, this is nao! :)

Think you took off over me last night. I was on the 143, came home and saw your dawn patrol post.

Family/kid situation? If no kids, I think it's worth taking the plunge. Anyone getting hired at a regional now is in great shape with quick movement upgrades. The majors hiring just based on age 65 alone is going to be massive, let alone expansion plans.

Family/kid situation? If no kids, I think it's worth taking the plunge. Anyone getting hired at a regional now is in great shape with quick movement upgrades. The majors hiring just based on age 65 alone is going to be massive, let alone expansion plans.

I think hypothetically he'll be regional ready in about two years, with the 1500 rule.

Back