Pubnat 9

Well, it will get you to the panels faster if there isn't any PUBNAT or if the only PUBNAT that was opened isn't processed in time.

I was going to write a long blurb about what I think of CTI, but I was always taught that if I can't say something nice...

Anyway, my advice to anyone aspiring to be an Air Traffic Controller these days would be to join the military (age permitting). As someone who has been through the PUBNAT process and also served in the military, I can honestly say that the best course of action would have been to enlist to be ATC to begin with.

http://www.goarmy.com/careers-and-j...air-traffic-control-operator.html#content_top
http://www.airforce.com/opportuniti...al/air-traffic-control-operations-apprentice/
http://www.navy.com/navy/careers/aviation/flight-operations.html
*note the navy's website is not quite as clear as the Army and Airforce sites

I swear I am not a recruiter...I'm just saying in hindsight, this is how I'd do it.

Really?

This must have happened before I started poking my nose into things around here, or perhaps I just forgot.

Still not getting my hopes up, since there's 800 bajillion people applying for this job.

Just to corroborate some previous statements, Aviation Careers told me there's going to be an application of some kind in January, though he couldn't remember if it was public or not.

Nevertheless, how long is an ATSAT good for again? I think I might go ahead and drop my name in the new one too while I'm waiting for PUBNAT8...

I'm open to anything that might happen, however, I'm a bit of a realist, and I know how long this process takes IF you are lucky enough to get selected. Here's to not re-taking the AT-SAT again! I'll keep my 98, TYVM

Oh yeah, I agree. I scored a 97 on that test, and off the street no less. However while hope may spring eternal, my efforts will end at the expiration of my score.

Given that PUBNAT8 took a year and a half to reach this point, PUBNAT9 will probably be my last attempt (given I'm not a CTI grad). In the mean time, I'm just going to move on with plan-B and start my commercial license; if the FAA manages to get back to me before I sign on with an airline, then that'd be great. If not, then you can call me captain.

i know a guy who got fired from his facility after being there a month and was able to get rehired......

Does anyone have any updated information on whether or not they'll be posting another pubnat announcement soon?

Jan. 3rd?!? I'm in! Looks like I might be eating my words in saying it could be a few more years before another Pubnat. If they do so I'm not complaining but it really doesn't make sense to add more people to the already back-logged hiring/training pipeline. Oh well the government doesn't seem to make sense with much they do.

Not trying to burst anyone's bubble but I don't think a PUBNAT is coming. More than likely, Jan 3rd will just result in the new VRA, CTO, & CTI announcements. If a PUBNAT comes out soon then it is possible but you'll be very close. If you are selected, you should contact OKC about trying to expedite your process.

When I spoke with Aviation Careers they'd told me it would not be a public announcement in January.

I know that PUBNAT8 primarily took as long as it did due to funding trouble, but considering the relatively few controllers selected, retirement rates lower than projected, and review board 2, I would think that this might be the last public announcement for a while...

Then again, that's just my opinion.

When I spoke with Aviation Careers they'd told me it would not be a public announcement in January...

I would think that this might be the last public announcement for a while...

Thanks. Not the answer I wanted, but it's nice to know not to expect one in January or soon or maybe ever. = )

Back