Pubnat 9

Eventually it is very likely. Although it may be a few years away. Also not too sure if they will be accepting OTS candidates. My guess is yes because they have always included them in past Pubnats. I'll be looking forward to it if I don't get picked up in March (if they hold another panel).

Cessna Two Papa Tango, Runway Two Eight Left, "Line Up And Wait"

Oh, and if there's a PUBNAT9, I'd be willing to put my money on it being no sooner than two years from now.

swinte is right...everyone ive spoken to at zny has said january. (thats been from natca, the faa training department, and dsi/raytheon)

Me too. Although it's hard to trust anything you hear until it happens if it involves the application process.

Well, to be completely honest, if there's another PUBNAT, I'll probably give it another try. If I just so happen to make it back to OKC (which I know there's a 99.999% chance that I won't) if I don't make it the second time around, I'm selling everything I own and going to live on the streets.

PUBNATs are taking an exceptionally long time to go from announcement close date to people actually seeing OKC. The other hiring sources have rolling applications so they go a lot faster and they won't have to wait on a basics class date. Although, OTS or not, there is still plenty of waiting to selection and plenty of waiting to get to OKC.

If you apply to a PUBNAT and a few months later apply after completing a CTI program, which application will have priority over the other?

I'm not sure if it really matters when it comes to priority. However, I chose different states for my CTI applications versus my PUBNAT8 application anyway. I personally considered my CTI states my #1 & #2 and my PUBNAT8 picks my #3 & #4.

If you apply to a PUBNAT and a few months later apply after completing a CTI program, which application will have priority over the other?
Your PUBNAT application will probably be processed first, and if you don't get in with that, then your CTI application will go next. CTI openings are rolling (as has been mentioned before) so you'll be able to continuously apply until you reach the age of 31. After that, you're SOL

Agree with ^^^ As for time, from what I have noticed, while CTI has an "open" application they don't make it to panels until everyone else. You may have an edge over OTS but CTI won't get you in any sooner, just less academy time.

Back