Cherokee Fatal 2 9/28/23

Yeah, they got lost after my model. It’s like they thought they could enter luxury market with a bunch of cheap crap. I had a 2009 Forester that was a beast.

I’m so disappointed. I was excited when I bought it because I figured the cult like following must know something but i am definitely not seeing it.

I’m so disappointed. I was excited when I bought it because I figured the cult like following must know something but i am definitely not seeing it.
What's next for you? An F150? Just kidding, I know you have a GM truck as a backup.

Subarus have always rode and handled like go-karts. They’ve refined them some, but at their core, they’re still go-karts.

Subarus have always rode and handled like go-karts. They’ve refined them some, but at their core, they’re still go-karts.
Fifth Gen 6-speed Legacy GT is a nice tourer. Cheap mods get you to 300hp. I’ve tracked one without any complaints.

Too bad the BRZ (FRS, 86) is woefully underpowered. At 300hp it would be the best bang for the buck. Reminds me of underpowered 1st Gen 240SX.

My Volvo C30 is my current econo track car.

Fifth Gen 6-speed Legacy GT is a nice tourer. Cheap mods get you to 300hp. I’ve tracked one without any complaints.

Too bad the BRZ (FRS, 86) is woefully underpowered. At 300hp it would be the best bang for the buck. Reminds me of underpowered 1st Gen 240SX.

My Volvo C30 is my current econo track car.
My buddy just sold his 2019 F150 XL Regular Cab Short Bed 5.0L 10 Speed Auto. He properly lowered it just a touch to level it out and get the wheels to fill the arches a bit better. It's what I'd call a sleeper. That truck will spank some unsuspecting rooster form light to light. I love stuff like that.

My buddy just sold his 2019 F150 XL Regular Cab Short Bed 5.0L 10 Speed Auto. He properly lowered it just a touch to level it out and get the wheels to fill the arches a bit better. It's what I'd call a sleeper. That truck will spank some unsuspecting rooster from light to light. I love stuff like that.

Fun truck. ABS and traction control tame it a bit. You don’t have to worry about that unweighted rear coming around.

Fun truck. ABS and traction control tame it a bit. You don’t have to worry about that unweighted rear coming around.
Oddly enough he and I both learned to drive in 5.0L 5-speed Mustangs in the '80s, but we never met until we were in our thirties. Unweighted rear coming around without the nannies is normal. Of course we both also grew up riding dirt bikes so none of that would seem foreign.

Or the Brat, now that was a miserable little SOB.
Yes. But it had seats in the bed that people seemed to like (they had handles to hang onto so you didn't fall out). It was mostly useless as a car or a truck, but it was fun.
6E2CAADB-93FA-4F91-AF13-E9A10ECC8065.jpeg

The seats were fun to ride in, but that was about it.

My dad had one for about a year, and although it had a truck bed and four wheel drive you could only fit an 80 in the back without removing the seats ( could do an 80 and 125 with the seats removed and a liiitle room for gear ). It was so underpowered that it wasn’t that good for anything but mild off-roading, and if you had bikes in the back it wasn’t good for getting far enough away from the road to park to keep the thieves from doing what thieves do while nobody is around.
It was cool to take to the drive ins, though!

🤣

The seats were fun to ride in, but that was about it.

My dad had one for about a year, and although it had a truck bed and four wheel drive you could only fit an 80 in the back without removing the seats ( could do an 80 and 125 with the seats removed and a liiitle room for gear ). It was so underpowered that it wasn’t that good for anything but mild off-roading, and if you had bikes in the back it wasn’t good for getting far enough away from the road to park to keep the thieves from doing what thieves do while nobody is around.
It was cool to take to the drive ins, though!

🤣
There's a reason why the myths about the Drive-In exist. We had 3 sort of locally. This was probably 1984-5. My friend had a used Cadillac. We'd pull through the gate with 5-8 people sitting in the car and once we parked we'd pop the trunk and another half dozen people would jump out. Land Yachts were real...
63919597-20B4-4752-85D9-C7AB6931C3BB.jpeg

472 cubic inches with 200 hp, twenty feet long, 6000 lbs and a ride unmatched in 2023. 5 mpg. It was Cadillac style. We were not smart, he delivered pizza in that car.

Last edited:
Or as we call it in LA, death wish.
I live next to a canyon, you live near the beach. I'm unsure who this "we" you speak of is. I'd agree if I lived where you live, but I live at the base of one of the best roads. Riding a motorcycle in West LA is just vanity, riding in the mountains around LA can be something completely different. Choose when you go, choose who you go with and don't cross the yellow line or ride/drive over your head and it's fun. I've been going up and down the canyons as long as I've been driving. Oftentimes it was more about utility, as in I needed to get somewhere and that was the road. I recall when I first started taking my Mini around up there (it's not a single road, it's a network) and "fast" cars or motorcycles would seem impatient behind me going uphill so I'd pull off and let them pass. Oftentimes I'd see these same folks at the top of the hill and I'd turn around and head back down in a very stately manner, until one of them got impatient behind me. The thing about a MK1 Mini Cooper S is it doesn't have a ton of brakes because it doesn't use them, if you find yourself pushing into a corner your best bet is to turn the wheel and floor it, it seems and feels like blaspheme but it works. I'd start down the hill and of course someone would follow and I'd just keep speeding up and never hit the brakes. Did someone ever buckle trying to keep up? I don't know and if they did it's not my fault. Everytime I get a new vehicle it goes up and down the canyon.

I live next to a canyon, you live near the beach. I'm unsure who this "we" you speak of is. I'd agree if I lived where you live, but I live at the base of one of the best roads. Riding a motorcycle in West LA is just vanity, riding in the mountains around LA can be something completely different. Choose when you go, choose who you go with and don't cross the yellow line or ride/drive over your head and it's fun. I've been going up and down the canyons as long as I've been driving. Oftentimes it was more about utility, as in I needed to get somewhere and that was the road. I recall when I first started taking my Mini around up there (it's not a single road, it's a network) and "fast" cars or motorcycles would seem impatient behind me going uphill so I'd pull off and let them pass. Oftentimes I'd see these same folks at the top of the hill and I'd turn around and head back down in a very stately manner, until one of them got impatient behind me. The thing about a MK1 Mini Cooper S is it doesn't have a ton of brakes because it doesn't use them, if you find yourself pushing into a corner your best bet is to turn the wheel and floor it, it seems and feels like blaspheme but it works. I'd start down the hill and of course someone would follow and I'd just keep speeding up and never hit the brakes. Did someone ever buckle trying to keep up? I don't know and if they did it's not my fault. Everytime I get a new vehicle it goes up and down the canyon.

I suppose to each their own. I know a VX CA that was in those hills, taken out by a careless motorcycle rider. He was in the hospital for months. Frankly, I don’t trust LA traffic to be on anything with two wheels.

Back