Cherokee Fatal 2 9/28/23

Short sleeve with tie has always been an abomination. Short sleeve with no tie is ok.
Color me educated. I suddenly feel like such a rube.

Just for clarification, at which fashion week was this new NORMAL LAW established? FBW thing?

Just for clarification, at which fashion week was this new NORMAL LAW established? FBW thing?

Sometime before my time, it’s how I was taught. Not that I’m an officer in the fashion police dept or anything. it’s just how it was related to me. :)

Sometime before my time, it’s how I was taught. Not that I’m an officer in the fashion police dept or anything. it’s just how it was related to me. :)
Copy. Thx. Thankfully, I no longer have to wear a monkey suite. That said, I kinda liked the monkey suite. Made fashion questions much easier for my wee noggin' to answer.

I'm not getting it... Have short sleeved shirts somehow become anathema for pilots now-a-days?

Not for pilots. But in the wider spectrum of the world, it's a weird look. I hate it. But I do it.

If I walked in to sign closing documents and the escrow agent had a short sleeved shirt and a tie I couldn't take "Milton" seriously.

Not for pilots. But in the wider spectrum of the world, it's a weird look. I hate it. But I do it.

If I walked in to sign closing documents and the escrow agent had a short sleeved shirt and a tie I couldn't take "Milton" seriously.
I'm not sure to what sartorial standards ol' John comported himself. But he sure did scribe some damned fine literature. Actually, I think they wore "Cravats" back then, not Ties. 😁

As a new private to a new unit I was destroyed for showing up in short sleeves and a tie. Today, 30 years later, this is normal and accepted. C'est la vie.

Presented without further comment.

Attachments

• 6519b7e69f2bb-sm.jpg
    6519b7e69f2bb-sm.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 93
Have already been corrected once at a convenience store. Made a comment to a guy as I was walking by his truck from my truck, my 89 Dodge W450 to his 2021 Dodge whatever. Said “nice Dodge”. He replied “it’s a Ram, thank you”. Whatever. Sheesh.
It’s not a Mercury, Daffy, it’s a FORD!

Seriously though. Driving through downtown Phoenix you hear this ROOOOGGG, HASAAAAAAARGH, HAAAAAAARG and here comes a Dodge Charger rolling by at 15 mph, 22 year old behind the wheel, IROC Girl in the right seat and a Luke AFB sticker in the windshield.

Last edited:
Have already been corrected once at a convenience store. Made a comment to a guy as I was walking by his truck from my truck, my 89 Dodge W450 to his 2021 Dodge whatever. Said “nice Dodge”. He replied “it’s a Ram, thank you”. Whatever. Sheesh.
It’s not a Mazda, it’s a 3.

Back