Cherokee Fatal 2 9/28/23

I really can’t explain why but I really like that car. This is my third.

Ive rented one, they’re solid! I just giggled at the ‘correction’ :)

I remember someone correcting me that my “beemer” was technically a “bimmer” or vice versa.

”its Paid for, I can call it Penelope Parkenfarker for all I care”

The guy was seemingly mildly offended at his Ram being referred to as a mere Dodge. I mean, my old square body is a lowly Dodge, not his overpriced pickup. 😆
So was my B3500 Dodge Ram Van a Dodge or a Ram?

”its Paid for, I can call it Penelope Parkenfarker for all I care”
Between the Lesbian Hatchback being paid for, surprisingly delightful to drive, comfortable even at my height and low-mileage given its model year, I’m loathe to go get another car payment unless it’s something that screams “midlife crisis,” which would be fine and even meet the approval of my CFP in *checks countdown timer* approximately 87 days.

Have already been corrected once at a convenience store. Made a comment to a guy as I was walking by his truck from my truck, my 1989 Dodge W450 to his 2021 Dodge whatever. Said “nice Dodge”. He replied “it’s a Ram, thank you”. Whatever. Sheesh.
To be fair, it's entirely possible to own one with no idea dodge was ever a part. They brand "Ram" fiercely as its own thing.

Between the Lesbian Hatchback being paid for, surprisingly delightful to drive, comfortable even at my height and low-mileage given its model year, I’m loathe to go get another car payment unless it’s something that screams “midlife crisis,” which would be fine and even meet the approval of my CFP in *checks countdown timer* approximately 87 days.

Really? My lesbian hatchback has 15k miles and I can’t wait to get rid of it. I hate it.

I have the Ascent and have been mostly happy with it. The air con/heat controls suck and the transmission is not built for leisure driving. Unless you floor it the gear shift is super laggy.

It’s not a Mercury, Daffy, it’s a FORD!

Seriously though. Driving through downtown Phoenix you hear this ROOOOGGG, HASAAAAAAARGH, HAAAAAAARG and here comes a Dodge Charger rolling by at 15 mph, 22 year old behind the wheel, IROC Girl in the right seat and a Luke AFB sticker in the windshield.

24% interest on the car note.

I have an Outback with 260k. Love it.

Prior Gen outback’s must be better. I can’t stand my ‘23. The seats uncomfortable after an hour, the nanny systems are way too intrusive, and the infotainment system is the laggiest, most glitchy piece of chit I’ve ever had to use. It drives fine though other than the brake pedal feeling like I’m stepping on a sponge.

Prior Gen outback’s must be better. I can’t stand my ‘23. The seats uncomfortable after an hour, the nanny systems are way too intrusive, and the infotainment system is the laggiest, most glitchy piece of chit I’ve ever had to use. It drives fine though other than the brake pedal feeling like I’m stepping on a sponge.

Yeah, they got lost after my model. It’s like they thought they could enter luxury market with a bunch of cheap crap. I had a 2009 Forester that was a beast.

I agree, I drive a 2018 4WD 3.5L Ecoboost XLT SuperCab. I miss the worst engine Ford ever built and the simplicity of my 2005 F150 2WD Supercrew Lariat 5.4L. But back then I missed my '99 Dakota R/T ExtraCab 5.9L hot rod truck. And when I was driving that I missed both of my Toyotas, after all of these years and trucks the one I miss the most is my '84 Toyota 4X4 SR5 longbed. Best truck ever. I wish I never sold it. I was sitting with a friend in his garage after I bought the latest truck (I bought it used, with 1800 miles on it) and we were reminiscing about the old days and I was saying this truck is faster the the 5.0L Mustang I learned to drive in and it has 33" tires, the same thing I'd put on both of my Toyotas. He thought that was nonsense because the the tires don't look that big so he grabbed a tape measure. Yep, the tires are 33"s, stock. Is it better? Yeah probably, you can't go back.

Back