Pubnat 9

Why would they waste the time doing yet another pubnat when there are TONS of WQ applicants who were not selected for pubnat8 (among others)?

I sure hope they drain the pool of WQ applicants they have now instead of opening the door for more applicants. Just sayin...

Even prior to pubnat5 there were tons of applicants....yet they opened up more. I was told by aviation careers that if you don't get picked for your respected pubnat you have to apply again. I didn't get picked under pubnat7 because the states I chose weren't hiring...so I was forced to reapply. Luckily I had applied under pubnat8 too.

It's the government, it doesn't have to make sense and most likely will not.

Sadly, I agree with both sides. If the government EVER decides to hire OTS again they will have another PubNat; BUT it doesn't make sense given the LARGE number of WQ people already in the system who didn't get picked up yet. It just doesn't make sense, but it's just how they do it.

It kinda makes a little sense. Those who are still interested in pursuing this type of career will more than likely apply under the new pubnat if it opens; those who aren't interested or those who have timed out, won't. It's the way of the faa weeding out the unqualified and the non-interested peeps. It saves them time, rather than them having to send out emails to everyone only to find out they're not interested or no longer eligible. I think this is their mentality behind it.

There's been OTS hiring for a long time before the latest batch of PUBNATs, which started in February 2008. It just hasn't been on the scale that PUBNATS1-8 (and PUBHI and PUBAK) were.

Bad news... I called the ATC career center yesterday and spoke with a guy who said they were just told this morning (which was yesterday) that they won't be putting out any pubnats for the year 2011. He said they could always change their mind later, but as of now, no pubnats for 2011.

Just thought you guys might like to know that they recently lowered the number of people per class from 18 to 12, for en route at least

Bad news... I called the ATC career center yesterday and spoke with a guy who said they were just told this morning (which was yesterday) that they won't be putting out any pubnats for the year 2011. He said they could always change their mind later, but as of now, no pubnats for 2011.

This is true. Our facility newsletter had all of the recently posted hiring announcements and there was no PUBNAT listing.

Back