Pictures from the road, Version 2.0

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Doug ... what exactly is a crew meal? I've heard of that term, but do not quite comprehend it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Crew Meal. What's so hard about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcastic question from an airline pilot to another airline pilot.

Brian, you've been high strung here lately.....you might need to get outside for a breath of fresh air.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm getting out quite often. Just didn't catch the sarcasm in the reply.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting out quite often. Just didn't catch the sarcasm in the reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know...the head-beating thing....the fact that Bog is an airline pilot and as such probably knows what a crew meal is?

[ QUOTE ]
You know...the head-beating thing....the fact that Bog is an airline pilot and as such probably knows what a crew meal is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I learned about crew meals while listening to some DAL f/as whine and cry about how they got chocolate cake in theirs instead of apple pie. For me, a crew meal is water and peanuts or pretzels.

Aside from sarcasm, it's also called an inside joke.

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from sarcasm, it's also called an inside joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you're 15, you're not in on many of those...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We're teasin you, Brian - stop pouting!!

Doug those pic's are just awesome. I really like the ones of your office, like the la-z-boy's et al. Thanks for showing the unvarnished view of your work day. I liked the one of 'Pravda', I now have a Russian girlfriend, (no really she's in Russia) and I get to explain all those 'Americanisms' to her.

One question, the rack with your flight bag/map case and everyone elses. Do you leave them there when you go home or do they come with you?

Keep the pic's coming, their a great diary! Looking forward to Kristie's as well! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Doug always seems to be eating something. I love all the "meat -type" Comments /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure you guys wanted to see the fine dining that the crews get.

You no likey chicken-type meat products? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
One question, the rack with your flight bag/map case and everyone elses. Do you leave them there when you go home or do they come with you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I leave my flight kit in ATL between trips. I really have no use for it at home and I certainly don't want to drag it between PHX and ATL all the time!

I figure you guys have seen a BILLION pictures of airplanes, but no one's really seen a 'behind the scenes' perspective of what I actually see during a trip, which is why I started the camera photo experiment.

[ QUOTE ]
Yea... not sure many people got the humor in that joke.

Were you posting here when gaypilot posted man he pissed everyone off but he had some jokes.

Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't remember any "gaypilot" so I guess he was before my JC-time.

And BTW, I don't eat the crew meals. Something about lukewarm yogurt, 'chickenesque' and salads that seem "Waffle House" fresh aren't worth the risk of food poisoning...

Believe me, you want want to mess with food you don't feel was handled 100% safely when you're an airline pilot. Because if you're doing the short-haul stuff, having to open your colon's 'dump valve' during a short leg is a little, umm, inconvenient.

Melikes the hot stuff blazing and the cold stuff freezing.

[ QUOTE ]
And BTW, I don't eat the crew meals. Something about lukewarm yogurt, 'chickenesque' and salads that seem "Waffle House" fresh aren't worth the risk of food poisoning...

Melikes the hot stuff blazing and the cold stuff freezing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Doug, All this food talk about likes and dislikes leaves me realizing that in your avatar photo you look just a bit like the "Mikey Likes It!" kid from the cereal commercials way back when! Of course thats how "Mikey" would look if those kids tried to push a crew meal on him!

Aww shucks!

Well, on the crew meal thing, if the crew meal is cold-type foods and it comes in a dry ice pack, I'll eat it. But nothing's worse than a crew meal that's got cold-type foods that arrives lukewarm and smelling of odoriferous men's feet.

We used to have hot meals, but since we discontinued coach meal service, apparently many frequent fliers were complaining about the smell of food when on some legs they were offered none so 'frequent flier satisfaction' was ranked above a crew getting a hot meal on a 0600 departure from an airport whose food concessions don't open until 0800.

Personally, I'd rather do without 99.9999999999% of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
Aww shucks!

Well, on the crew meal thing, if the crew meal is cold-type foods and it comes in a dry ice pack, I'll eat it. But nothing's worse than a crew meal that's got (typo-edit by Doug) cold-type foods that arrives lukewarm and smelling of odoriferous men's feet.

Personally, I'd rather do without 99.9999999999% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand that...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dissin' Waffle House...........the nerve of some people!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dissin' Waffle House...........the nerve of some people!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Darnit! How dare I diss the single instituion that the local news in Phoenix went to in order to gauge public opinion when the first shots of Gulf War Pt. 1 were fired?

Please accept my apology!

Waffle House is da Bomb! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spin2.gif

Hey Doug you see my idea in a pervious post in this thread about a forum for Pics from the road idea of yours????

I didn't catch it, but I was thinking about the exact thing a little earlier today.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Darnit! How dare I diss the single instituion that the local news in Phoenix went to in order to gauge public opinion when the first shots of Gulf War Pt. 1 were fired?

Please accept my apology!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! You remember that too? I distinctly remember watching Channel 3 when the first bombs were being dropped on 17 Jan. It was something like midnight local time, and the anchor chick announced that "we're at the Waffle House on 24th street and Washington to get some local opinion on the start of war." With Joe bob trucker stating "I say we bomb the crap out of them....."

You know, speaking of truckers, is it me, or does anyone else....when they drive by or stop at a large truckstop with all the trucks parked in the back.....wonder which truck has the chick being held hostage in the sleeper cab?

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't catch it, but I was thinking about the exact thing a little earlier today.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the second page of this thread look for me just after your post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
LOL! You remember that too? I distinctly remember watching Channel 3 when the first bombs were being dropped on 17 Jan.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember that Jopie almost started crying! I... I... can't believe we're at war.

[ QUOTE ]
You know, speaking of truckers, is it me, or does anyone else....when they drive by or stop at a large truckstop with all the trucks parked in the back.....wonder which truck has the chick being held hostage in the sleeper cab?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pro'lly just you, Mikey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back