Pictures from the road, Version 2.0

hello.. mcfly...doug didn't DO anything, i did!! I should be the hero! sheesh hahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
dork! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cwm27.gif

[ QUOTE ]
hello.. mcfly...doug didn't do anything, i did!! I should be the hero! hahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
dork! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cwm27.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a feeling that was his point. . . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kristie,

Is there any chance I could get you to hang out with my fiance'? Kinda like an osmosis thing...You know, kinda convince her that being a sugar momma is great and noble thing...pays off in the long run...good for the marriage...ends pilot hunger...etc?

BTW,

Doug, these are awesome! I always kinda figured the pilots had a place to go in ATL. I'm in and out of there all the time, and I always see pilots going to and from places, but I never saw them gathering anywhere. Now I know that there are big, comfy lazy-boys to be had!

Thanks for the insight!

someday, this is for me. someday...

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]ummm.. yeah.. we were living in sin!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still livin' in sin!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kristie, please, hang out with Emily as much as possible in Vegas; maybe you'll rub off on her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
No one really seemed to notice. I wasn't taking pictures of people because you legally have to get consent forms, let them know what you're going to do with the image, etc -- so I more or less snap photos of things. Mostly things you wouldn't normally see from a perspective you'd never get unless you're a professional pilot on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually ... barring company policy on company property (i.e. the actual airplane) you can take a picture of anyone, anywhere a "reasonable expectation of privacy" can not be met. Or in otherwords any area deemed as "public." Ownership (i.e. public/private) does not always dictate whether the space is considered public or private.

Probably better to refraing from snapping photos of people but ...

Nice idea Doug! For some reason Firefox will display no pictures after the page finishes loading, just the sidebar.

IE seems to do this sometimes as well.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Awesome pics Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. I was wondering if you could take more pics of the pilot lounge and flight ops areas, always wondered what those places are like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Well, I haven't been to operations in years and a lot of that stuff is probably 'proprietary' anyway. Along with the pilot lounge, I'm not all that comfortable showing too much of it because I don't want it to get into some terrorist (or even a newsreporters) hands.

Not sure what either would do with it, but I tend to get googled quite a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
Kristie, please, hang out with Emily as much as possible in Vegas; maybe you'll rub off on her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you asshat, i already am your sugar momma. quit'cher bitchin! Just cause i haven't been around this week since i got my teeth out and you gotta survive on your own...sheesh! some people! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Just cause i haven't been around this week since i got my teeth out and you gotta survive on your own..

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad mental image of Emily with no teeth......

John hasn't eaten in a week! And he's out of dishes!

</runs for cover>

[ QUOTE ]
John hasn't eaten in a week! And he's out of dishes!

</runs for cover>

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Samantha went on Vacation to Florida for a week, and it was cool for the first 3 days - until the clothes were piling up and the odor from the sink was unbearable!!!

OK, OK...so I still didn't care - it was great!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bog.. did you check the sizing of the photos? maybe they have to be 640x480 in size in order to show up like the camera photos do...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, tried that. Uploaded from the camera and the phone at that size or less. Works fine from the camera, but appears that emailing them is the problem.

[ QUOTE ]
How on earth (or in the air /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) did you snag that awesome picture of the CAL 767? "Continental 27 Heavy, a little to the left, slow down a tad, gotcha!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to 10x optical zoom on my Olympus, I can pull in quite a few aircraft flying by. Granted, it's not the quality that the &#%#@ at a.net would approve of (yes I'm p#ssed because they rejected another of my pics while they're favorite boys can post garbage), but I like them.

We were enroute from LAX to MZT when I caught the CAL 76. They were 2000 below and about 6 miles behind when I snagged that. It's rare that Mexican controllers point out traffic, so I knew it was a good one. The TCAS helps me pinpoint where they are, then it's a matter of luck.

Hopefully when we get the coding fixed, I'll have more air-to-air pics for all of you. Most "normal" people think I'm crazy taking pics of airplanes since I'm a pilot, but ... I could care less. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Smilecrunch.gif I'm having fun.

I'm glad to actually see someone wear one of those AOPA hats doug. My AOPA hat is so screwed up, it was cut all wrong and doesn't sit on my head at all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buck.gif

Back