Pictures from the road, Version 2.0

[ QUOTE ]
Great pics Doug, enjoyin them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Do you stay with the same Cptn. for the whole of a trip?
Do you have the same F/A's for the whole trip?
Are all your flight routings into and out of ATL - that must get pretty annoying?

[/ QUOTE ]

- he typically stays with the same captain unless either one of them is rerouted...
- no the flight attendants are always changing, every now and then, he'll have a flight where they all stay at the same hotel and leave at the same time in the morning (not very often though)
- all of the routings are thru ATL (he starts & ends in ATL, then stays in different layover cities)....

Mate great feature - it shows that as soon as you leave PHX, it is work. I am sure many imagine at Fort L. you get to got to the beach, then you go to NY for a day and kick around, etc.

Doug said he never went to FLL. It's pretty amazing considering all the Delta aircraft that are there. Maybe he was joking.

[ QUOTE ]
Great pics Doug, enjoyin them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! It's actually a pain in the rump, but if you guys enjoy them, it's well worth the hassle! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Do you stay with the same Cptn. for the whole of a trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have the same F/A's for the whole trip?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, usually change every couple of legs, sometimes every leg.

[ QUOTE ]
Are all your flight routings into and out of ATL - that must get pretty annoying?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

[ QUOTE ]
Doug said he never went to FLL. It's pretty amazing considering all the Delta aircraft that are there. Maybe he was joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to FLL a few billion times, I'm not sure where you got that impression!

I've almost got the FORTL4 arrival memorized.

[ QUOTE ]

And then some Golden Tee with accumulated pocket change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Golden Tee has to be the best bar video game EVER! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm suprised those games don't get broken, the drunker people get, the harder and more violent people get with that roller ball you have to hit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Golden Tee rocks. When I was a DFW commuter, I'd walk over to the Holiday Inn after dinner and play Golden Tee 2004 with pocket change.

One thing you guys will see once you become road warriors is that you accumulate TONS of pocket change.

Doug, back when you were stationed at MCO, did you live in Atlanta? I know this question may sound stupid as Atlanta is based at Atlanta but I noticed you were stationed at MCO and it would be ridiculous to commute from PHX. I remember Kristie saying that she lived in FL sometime ago but I don't know if you were with her yet.

Doug,

I know you've probably heard it a million times already but the pictures from teh road is an outstanding feature. The work you and others put into the site produces a high quality result. Thanks a million for providing the insight you and others have.

One question regarding the pictures though. Did you fly with more than one captain this trip and if so, what kind of response did you get when you were snapping pictures? For that matter, what kind of reaction/response did you get from anyone when they see you taking pictures all the time? So the next 4 days do we get to see Doug cutting the grass and doing the laundry? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Looking forward to the next trip.

- Jim

[ QUOTE ]
Doug, back when you were stationed at MCO, did you live in Atlanta?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope! I lived in Orlando when I was based in ATL my first year at Delta, then I transferred to MCO to fly the 737.

[ QUOTE ]
I know this question may sound stupid as Atlanta is based at Atlanta but I noticed you were stationed at MCO and it would be ridiculous to commute from PHX.

[/ QUOTE ]

We didn't move to PHX until 2000. Actually, I never REALLY officially lived in FL because when I got hired by Delta, I moved out of my apartment in Milwaukee, I kinda crashed at Kristie's house. Then the mail started coming there and the rest is history! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Doug,

I know you've probably heard it a million times already but the pictures from teh road is an outstanding feature. The work you and others put into the site produces a high quality result. Thanks a million for providing the insight you and others have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man! Seriously, stuff like the above paragraph is what motivates me.

[ QUOTE ]
One question regarding the pictures though. Did you fly with more than one captain this trip and if so, what kind of response did you get when you were snapping pictures?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same captain all trip as we normally do it. He thought the idea was pretty funny.

[ QUOTE ]
For that matter, what kind of reaction/response did you get from anyone when they see you taking pictures all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one really seemed to notice. I wasn't taking pictures of people because you legally have to get consent forms, let them know what you're going to do with the image, etc -- so I more or less snap photos of things. Mostly things you wouldn't normally see from a perspective you'd never get unless you're a professional pilot on the road. I'm sure you cats have seen a million pictures of airplanes, clouds, terminals, etc, but I wanted to present 'a day in the life' from a perspective you probably haven't seen before.

[ QUOTE ]
So the next 4 days do we get to see Doug cutting the grass and doing the laundry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! Do you REALLY wanna see that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Looks like the big gap doesn't appear on my page if I only send pix from the phone. Considering I'm paying $.25 for each, I hope you're all enjoying it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

When we got to Boise today, a passenger asked if I was done. Told him we still had 2 legs / 7 hours to go. His response: "Yeah well, it's gotta be nice in the paycheck."

Oh if only he knew. Think I'm going to start carrying a paycheck with me so I can show it off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I'm still working on the problem. The big problem is that it's from a European software designer and methinks his native tongue isn't English!

Bogberto,

How on earth (or in the air /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) did you snag that awesome picture of the CAL 767?

"Continental 27 Heavy, a little to the left, slow down a tad, gotcha!"

[ QUOTE ]
I know this question may sound stupid as Atlanta is based at Atlanta but I noticed you were stationed at MCO and it would be ridiculous to commute from PHX.

[/ QUOTE ]

We didn't move to PHX until 2000. Actually, I never REALLY officially lived in FL because when I got hired by Delta, I moved out of my apartment in Milwaukee, I kinda crashed at Kristie's house. Then the mail started coming there and the rest is history! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]ummm.. yeah.. we were living in sin! haha and i didn't even have him help me with the bills since he was such a welfare boy!

bog.. did you check the sizing of the photos? maybe they have to be 640x480 in size in order to show up like the camera photos do...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]ummm.. yeah.. we were living in sin! haha and i didn't even have him help me with the bills since he was such a welfare boy!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did Doug have a Sugar Momma?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif yuppers! suga momma for a good 4 years actually.. drove him to/from the airport, paid for food, utils, rent.. etc etc!! I was glad when he finally moved his car down to Orlando and when he finally decided to start chipping in on bills... he was so frugal by then, it was hard to get him to commit.. hahaha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back