Pictures from the road, Version 2.0

[ QUOTE ]
I do suggest more pics of flight attendants though. (just the female ones)

[/ QUOTE ]

A big fan of "Home and Garden" and "McCalls" magazine, eh MavAmb1? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chicken Caesar salad, hold the croutons and the dressing on the side!

The F/A's are on a short layover at a different hotel and the captain and I enjoyed dinner down in the lounge watching women's olympics sand volleyball.

Quite entertaining.

And then some Golden Tee with accumulated pocket change.

The Motorola V300 has some memory problems so I'll normally purge all of the sent messages when I get into the hotel for the night.

This is very interesting. I read the perspectives before but I just go to really see how professional pilots go to so many places in a few days.

[ QUOTE ]
You know, speaking of truckers, is it me, or does anyone else....when they drive by or stop at a large truckstop with all the trucks parked in the back.....wonder which truck has the chick being held hostage in the sleeper cab

[/ QUOTE ]

h aha... wasn't there a trucker movie with Meatloaf that goes loco while kindnaping some runaway ??... LOL.. I've thought about it before.. there's a rundown truck stop on the way to my flight school.. all dark and dingy.. bet they've got some great apple pie though...

Awesome pics though in the " From the Road " addition.. i really like it .. look forward to more !!

[ QUOTE ]
h aha... wasn't there a trucker movie with Meatloaf that goes loco while kindnaping some runaway

[/ QUOTE ]

Black Dog? He is in that trucker movie, just not sure if they kidnap anyone. They were trying to steal a load of firearms from Patrick Swayze and Randy Travis.

hey just wanted to say I love the pics doug! funny how I used to deliver those crew meals to DAL pilots everyday (I don't think any of the other airlines at SLC did that) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

verrry cool - I should set something like that up with my little T-mobile camera phone.. course I don't have anything interesting to show (not as cool as what you're doing)

Matthew

Is VPS Ft. Walton Beach? It says Eglin Air Force Base on airnav.com but there is an MD-80 leaving ATL at 2055 going there.

ATL..SOTWO..CSG..CEW..VPS/0038
FL310
Delta #1803

Very cool Doug!

I downloaded that Airnav program but it only works with a registered key. Are there any other free programs I can use to track flights?

I answered my own question after some more looking around. VPS is Eglin Air Force Base which is where Delta flies to apparently.

That's neat that you get to go into there. How long is the layover at VPS?

Brian,
There are a few free ones out there, like flytecomm. Type that into google, I'm not sure of the URL anymore.

[ QUOTE ]
I answered my own question after some more looking around. VPS is Eglin Air Force Base which is where Delta flies to apparently.

Brian,
There are a few free ones out there, like flytecomm. Type that into google, I'm not sure of the URL anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If you wanna track a flight free. Its not that good but it works. Go to yahoo and type the airline and the flight number, example: Delta 1345, American 4, Jetblue 7 etc etc..

Then when the search comes up at the very top it should say

"Track the status of blah blah blah" and click that then u can see the flight tracker thing..

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, landed at 2105, finally to the hotel by 2155 and pickup at the hotel is at 0650 so not long.

[ QUOTE ]
The F/A's are on a short layover at a different hotel and the captain and I enjoyed dinner down in the lounge watching women's olympics sand volleyball.

Quite entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should womens/men volleyball even be considered an Olympic sport?

I was watching mens volley ball the other day and was like how is this event even olympic worthy there hitting a freakin ball over a net.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
Should womens/men volleyball even be considered an Olympic sport?

I was watching mens volley ball the other day and was like how is this event even olympic worthy there hitting a freakin ball over a net.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell you what. You try and dig a Logan Tom or Misty May spike. And those are the women. If you do manage to dig one, see how red your forearms turn.

Then we'll talk about whether it's a sport or not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eh you might be right but I work out 3x a week so might be able to go head to head with em...eh yeah right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/insane.gif

Nice new pics. Doug you ever miss the 90 series?

Goin from 28,000 lbs. of thrust back to old JT8D engines with only 17-19lbs. of thrust must suck.

Matthew

Great pics Doug, enjoyin them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Do you stay with the same Cptn. for the whole of a trip?
Do you have the same F/A's for the whole trip?
Are all your flight routings into and out of ATL - that must get pretty annoying?

Back