Oh Corpies LX

"big boys"? No way you're talking about that tiny French lawnmower you drive...

200w.gif

I cannot believe the jump seater not only snapped the picture, but also supplied that picture.
He was taking a video....according to his statement IAW JetBlue policy. These are just screenshots of said video.

I think he was quoting Everlast, not Thorogood.

There’s pure irony in those lyrics relating to CC just a couple of lines later.

I licked the silver spoon
Drank from the golden cup
And smoked the finest green

Ok maybe not the weed part but those first two are fairly accurate.

Eww, I really don't want anyone videoing on my flight deck. At all.
I took a jumpseater in to LGA one night. Perfect weather, perfect sunset down the Hudson downwind to 22. Great time. We land, he starts packing up his stuff, and goes “hey give me your number and I’ll text you this awesome video I took flying up the river!” The video was legit, but DAMN, my ass was MAD.

Plausible deniability. Please don’t do it, but if you do, and I don’t know about it till after…airdrop me that por favor
Never even crossed my mind that that was part of a jumpseat brief!

“Whatever you do, no video. Have you ridden up front on the Bus before?”

Never even crossed my mind that that was part of a jumpseat brief!

“Whatever you do, no video. Have you ridden up front on the Bus before?”

Sometimes things are more profound when you watch something with your naked eye, appreciate it as it's happening and letting it be a moment. But once you record it, it becomes a 'LOL, bruh check out this video' and often cheapens it.

Sometimes things are more profound when you watch something with your naked eye, appreciate it as it's happening and letting it be a moment. But once you record it, it becomes a 'LOL, bruh check out this video' and often cheapens it.
As an amateur photographer, I agree. Unless you’re carrying a tremendous amount of great, have an immense amount of talent, and have a lot of time to spend in post, it never looks quite as good as it does in the moment.

As an amateur photographer, I agree. Unless you’re carrying a tremendous amount of great, have an immense amount of talent, and have a lot of time to spend in post, it never looks quite as good as it does in the moment.

Like people that watch a concert through their iPhone. You literally just paid hundreds of dollars to see a concert with your own two eyes, your video is going to be an absolute mess which you’ll never watch, but you’re wrecking your moment.

Like people that watch a concert through their iPhone. You literally just paid hundreds of dollars to see a concert with your own two eyes, your video is going to be an absolute mess which you’ll never watch, but you’re wrecking your moment.

Nothing irritates the piss out of me more than some amateur "photographer" with 45 lbs of gear looking to make his bones on YouBoob or some other website muscle his way in in front of me and then chastise me for "getting in his shot".

Oshkosh used to be really bad for that kind of thing, but it's toned down quite a bit. Now you just see idiots with a phone on a stick talking to themselves.

Nothing irritates the piss out of me more than some amateur "photographer" with 45 lbs of gear looking to make his bones on YouBoob or some other website muscle his way in in front of me and then chastise me for "getting in his shot".

Oshkosh used to be really bad for that kind of thing, but it's toned down quite a bit. Now you just see idiots with a phone on a stick talking to themselves.
Back in the long ago when I was a very, very young man my dad would drag me along to various air shows (Edwards, Beale, Pt. Mugu) to act as a porter with my skateboard for all of his Anvil cases full of lenses, cameras and other photographic gadgetry, lawn chairs, and a cooler. One thing was certain, especially at Beale, we would be at the gate in the very early hours of the day long before it opened so we could bum rush and get the perfect spot on the deadline. Once we staked our claim we defended it against interlopers trying to sneak in to get the perfect shot of an SR-71 taxiing in with its nose pointed directly at the camera, that's why we woke up at 2:00 am, regardless of whether or not we'd stayed in a motel or just driven through the pre-dawn hours to be if not first in line at least very close. I have some prints of some of his photos he enlarged and framed, they're awesome. I miss that guy, there was always an adventure or project and boredom was solved with a book. I should also mention he actually was a professional photographer but airplanes were just a hobby.

I should also mention that if you don't figure out that a skateboard can't make it across the expansion joints in the ramp if approached at a perpendicular angle but can be easily navigated if approached at an obtuse angle you're likely to have a bad day. Imagine a little knot4u tearing up the ramp up at Edwards, once I unloaded the baggage I was free to roam and roam I did. I recall poking my head into a hangar and seeing what looked like a wreck inside (it was a wrecked B-1) and a very angry young man in camouflage told me in no uncertain terms that if I wanted to live I should make every effort to be somewhere else immediately, and I did. Good times.

^ Reminds me of one of the times when my old man was the air show manager, and idiot teenage me was given a golf cart to I guess, do things (maybe patch up some of that plastic orange fencing or something?). Anyway, I made the mistake of trying to go under the wing of the B-1 in that golf cart. They just about arrested me, the airmen guarding it were that triggered. In hindsight, they were probably worried I was gonna plow into the engine pods, but to me, the wing was about 80 ft above the top of the golf cart so = no problem?

Back