Article on Delta's One yr CAs

The -9s we had, and we had a lot, never had anything like FMS. Two VORs, two DMEs, and an ADF. We didn't even have DME hold. Slant alpha all the way....

My only time I ever jump seated on the -9 I was happy as hell to get a ride and got myself squeezed into the jump and then they pulled out the charts I was like:
[
IMG_1864.GIF

The Delta guys were promised a radio flyer and a .22 for Christmas and Santa didn't come through. They're still kind of salty about it.

It wasn't so much that, but everyone kept saying "you'll put your eye out, kid".

Navigation on the -9 could be sheer bliss at times. Talking to MSP center: "climb and maintain 310, fly heading 330, proceed direct to MOT when able, let me know when you want to start down"

That 88 is a beast. However, captaining that thing might be easier than being an FO on it. Geesh I need to use all 10 fingers and all 10 toes to start the motors on that silly thing.

I mean, you can have my 3% match if you want

Do what you can and don't worry about it too much. Assuming you make it to the big show you'll have an income level and a DC rate that will blow through all the IRS limits in almost no time at all. It's a really, really good problem to have, but still kind of frustrating.

Back