Article on Delta's One yr CAs

AA is extending some Super 80s until 2019 now. Reminds me of the bumper sticker "don't laugh, it's paid for".

IIRC, the retirement delay was to pick up some flying from the regionals because of pilot shortages.

The problem with the Mad Dogs isn't because of their efficiency, it's the fact that the parts supply chain has dried up for them.

IIRC, the retirement delay was to pick up some flying from the regionals because of pilot shortages.

The problem with the Mad Dogs isn't because of their efficiency, it's the fact that the parts supply chain has dried up for them.
Initially yes, but its been extended out further just because of the low cost of flying a paid for airplane.

American just needs to do what Delta is doing for parts. Buying the Super 80s AA parks and parting them out.

Oh, wait...

And they’re so noisy that some New York politicians, including U.S. Senate Minority LeaderChuck Schumer, cheered when Delta recently pulled the planes from New York’s LaGuardia Airport.

They cheered that the MD88 left LGA? How cute. Do they cheer at the absolute dump from the 60s that is LGA? Until recently, no changes or improvements to the airport. It literally is a dump.

When the NKs pop an EMP, all the Airbii and Boeings are gonna crash. I, conversely, will watch the electronic part of the airplane die, shrug, say, "Look! It did it again." And happily motor on in analog mode.

Same for my old legacy Herk.

Back