Mom alleges kicked out of Delta first class for crying baby

My take as a new parent is that my wife and I are going to travel with our kid. He isn't old enough to remember the trips yet, but the trips aren't always about their memories. Not everyone in our family has the means or is able to travel. My 92 year old sweetheart of a grandma wants and deserves to meet her great-grand child while she can, but she is in no shape to fly. Since my vacation is late this year and my schedule generally won't allow the time to drive back and forth we'll fly to her.

That said, we will also do everything in our power to keep the critter as happy as is feasible given the circumstances. Try to adjust his schedule ahead of time so he will be tired and ready to sleep when we fly. Ensure he is clean/dry/fed/warm prior to boarding. Pack ahead of time so anything he may need is accessable from our seats. Try and get seats near the back by the lav to enable quick access if need be. If we do everything we can to keep him happy and ensure his needs are met and he still cries, as kids do, we'll do our best to calm him. If that doesn't work for you, well, I won't lose any sleep over it that night because my kid will probably make sure I'm not sleeping anyway.
I don't care, if I'm trying to sleep and your kid throws a tantrum and starts kicking my seat back, you are an ass hole. I never met my great grandmother and I doubt she died wishing she had met me. Your snowflake shouldn't be a burden for the rest of to us bear. You fornicated, planned or not your partner produced YOUR problem, it's not my intention to give you any measure of respect for having accomplished this, preteens have been doing it for eons. Get over it, you and your kid aren't special.

I don't care, if I'm trying to sleep and your kid throws a tantrum and starts kicking my seat back, you are an ass hole. I never met my great grandmother and I doubt she died wishing she had met me. Your snowflake shouldn't be a burden for the rest of to us bear. You fornicated, planned or not your partner produced YOUR problem, it's not my intention to give you any measure of respect for having accomplished this, preteens have been doing it for eons. Get over it, you and your kid aren't special.
You get many nose bleeds from sitting on your throne?

All I hear....It's about me. I don't care about others. If others bother me they are an ass. It's all about me.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't care, if I'm trying to sleep and your kid throws a tantrum and starts kicking my seat back, you are an ass hole. I never met my great grandmother and I doubt she died wishing she had met me. Your snowflake shouldn't be a burden for the rest of to bear. You fornicated, planned or not your partner produced YOUR problem, it's not my intention to give you any measure of respect for having accomplished this, preteens have been doing it for eons. Get over it, you and your kid aren't special.

K.

No need for name calling. I never demanded special treatment. I never said or implied my kid was special, at least outside the circle of our family and friends. The fact is if we purchase a full-fare ticket and follow the rules set forth by the airline on which we are flying, we're as welcome as anyone else on board said flights.

If that makes me an *I don't have the education to emote without using a curse word* hole, so be it.

Last edited:
Why does the Lawr keep coming up? I have yet to see anyone say that there "oughta be a Law" about kids on airplanes (at least with any degree of seriousness). The notion is ludicrous on its face. Maybe that's how you manage to see past the fact that bringing a screaming, pooping, terrified, feral semi-human in to a packed aluminum tube is, uh, you know, kind of the opposite of "polite". "Well, thems tryin stop my FREEDUMB!"

No, thems just pointing out that while it might be unpleasant for you, too, you signed up for it, and we didn't. I bring us back to the point that if anything else made noises considerably louder than a car alarm and unremittingly pooped all over itself in a space so confined that it would be a war crime if foisted upon a POW, it wouldn't get past the TSA, let alone be accorded some special Status which makes it Monstrous and Inhuman to complain about. If an adult human shat all over itself and screamed at the top of its lungs on a flight, there would be a lot of rah rah when he or she got tazed, and rightfully so. Explain to me, again, why it's heartless and nasty to be peeved that one is expected to accept, casually, the high keening whine of a terrified infant, scared out of what mind it has so far developed, as its sinuses underpressure and it expresses pain in the only way it knows how because Mommy and Daddy "need" a vacation. Own your choices, mankind, ffs. None of this is about Law, it's about respect for your fellow adult human beings. Reproducing doesn't assign you some special status which abrogates common courtesy. As mentioned above, just about everyone is capable of it, no prizes for fertility in the 21st century.

Yep. And you're free to torture your infant to the great annoyance of everyone else. I think we've covered in reasonable detail what everyone is free to do. Do you estimate that this ends the thread, or is there anything else to discuss?

Bejebus...........that's pretty harsh and uncalled for. Who pissed in your cornflakes? Damn.

Why does the Lawr keep coming up? I have yet to see anyone say that there "oughta be a Law" about kids on airplanes (at least with any degree of seriousness). The notion is ludicrous on its face. Maybe that's how you manage to see past the fact that bringing a screaming, pooping, terrified, feral semi-human in to a packed aluminum tube is, uh, you know, kind of the opposite of "polite". "Well, thems tryin stop my FREEDUMB!"

No, thems just pointing out that while it might be unpleasant for you, too, you signed up for it, and we didn't. I bring us back to the point that if anything else made noises considerably louder than a car alarm and unremittingly pooped all over itself in a space so confined that it would be a war crime if foisted upon a POW, it wouldn't get past the TSA, let alone be accorded some special Status which makes it Monstrous and Inhuman to complain about. If an adult human shat all over itself and screamed at the top of its lungs on a flight, there would be a lot of rah rah when he or she got tazed, and rightfully so. Explain to me, again, why it's heartless and nasty to be peeved that one is expected to accept, casually, the high keening whine of a terrified infant, scared out of what mind it has so far developed, as its sinuses underpressure and it expresses pain in the only way it knows how because Mommy and Daddy "need" a vacation. Own your choices, mankind, ffs. None of this is about Law, it's about respect for your fellow adult human beings. Reproducing doesn't assign you some special status which abrogates common courtesy. As mentioned above, just about everyone is capable of it, no prizes for fertility in the 21st century.
Are you sober? Good Lord, what a load of tripe. Why don't you try reciting this little speech on the next flight you take that has little kids/babies on it and see what kind of reaction you get from the rest of the pax and the cabin crew. Somebody's butt will be tossed off the flight and it won't be the baby and it's parents.

Last edited:

I guess the law thing stems from the same mysterious place others seem to think that parents automatically demand special status. I never said it did. But, I bought tickets, I'm gonna fly. Nothing special about it. Be mad if you want. Give me dirty looks, mutter comments under your breath or to my face. Roll your eyes. Put ear buds in and listen to some tunes. Ask if you can be moved. Or ask us to try and move, I don't care. Whatever helps you get through it. Either way, I'll bust my ass to keep the kid happy, apologize to those he disturbs and go on my merry way when we land because as it was prior to my having a kid, and as it is now, a crying kid is annoying, but far less so than folks on here make it out to be.

Since it was brought up, respect for my fellow human beings? Is flying with a kid less courteous than a passenger of size spilling into my seat on a transcon? Or someone from a different country with different hygiene habits that I can smell from 3 rows away as they walk down the aisle while boarding? Or someone kicking off their shoes to trim their toenails? Or someone playing their game or music or movies over their laptop speakers? Or someone getting piss-drunk and vomiting everywhere but in the sick bag? Or the toenail clipper deciding to use a Ped-Egg on their feet? Or the ones who decide an enclosed tube is a good place to bust out the nail polish?

I've seen all of the above from grown and presumably otherwise functional adults during flights on which I was a passenger. I didn't sign up for any of it but it all happened. That's the risk with air travel and the general public. Since there aren't any laws against bringing children on flights when you buy a ticket you're accepting the risk that you might be on the airplane with a kid. Or any of the folks I mentioned above.

If you want to minimize that risk, buy a seat in first class. If you want to guarantee zero exposure to said risk then charter an airplane or drive. You are as free to do so as we are.

Tilt against the windmill all you want but flying with kids is part of modern air travel.

Last edited:
So, to sum up. The non kid troglodytes are acting like snowflakes to push their opinion that they should come first over the snowflakes who think their kids come first over everyone else.

me%2Bme%252C%2Btotus.jpg

K.

No need for name calling. I never demanded special treatment. I never said or implied my kid was special, at least outside the circle of our family and friends. The fact is if we purchase a full-fare ticket and follow the rules set forth by the airline on which we are flying, we're as welcome as anyone else on board said flights.

If that makes me an *I don't have the education to emote without using a curse word* hole, so be it.

Does it not bother you that the probability of a lap-child surviving an aircraft accident is incredibly low? There's no way you or any other parent would be able to restrain your child safely if such a thing occurred. I'm sure most people on this forum are familiar with United Airlines flight 232 and the heroic actions of the flight crew that day. One of the reasons for such a high death toll was the amount of lap children flying that day.

What about evacuating said aircraft? If you lost your lap child even in a minor accident, what would you do?

Once again, no infant "needs" to travel by air.

The people who think that families with babies should drive everywhere are likely the same people who'd bitch up a storm when said family stops at a roadside diner after 6 hours of driving, to stretch their legs and grab a quick bite.

"Gawd, that baby 10 booths away that I can barely hear is SOOO annoying! They should just grab a Mountain Dew and beef jerky and stay out of restaurants!"

The people who think that families with babies should drive everywhere are likely the same people who'd bitch up a storm when said family stops at a roadside diner after 6 hours of driving, to stretch their legs and grab a quick bite.

"Gawd, that baby 10 booths away that I can barely hear is SOOO annoying! They should just grab a Mountain Dew and beef jerky and stay out of restaurants!"

BS and you know it. I can get up and leave the roadside diner and find another eating establishment. No such luxury exists on an aircraft.

Uh, nor does any adult.

Yeah, I guess if we get philosophical, then all we really "need" to do is eat, breathe, drink and have shelter. The businessman traveling several states away by air to close a crucial deal is always going to get the benefit (in my opinion) over a screaming 6-month old infant who doesn't "need" to be there.

I see why your great grandmother didn't want to meet you... word within the family must have traveled around....

Nobody traveling with small children wishes their kids have a difficult trip. They're not snowflakes because we're not giving them the belt in 8A.
To all the parents out there, make sure you have your finger on the "tantrum off" switch when sitting behind knot4u.

Haven't found a way to drive from Cincinnati to Manila yet (Though I was Navy, I wasn't a creepy Sub guy), so guess I'll stick to flying the family there.

The last seven pages inspired me, so I'm going to upgrade just the kids to First class for the return flight. Momma and me will stay in back and sleep in the exit row. (or maybe fornicate, who knows....)

At least when kids scream in restaurants you can take them outside so as not to bother everybody else. My gf has a little one, I'd never take her on an airliner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it not bother you that the probability of a lap-child surviving an aircraft accident is incredibly low? There's no way you or any other parent would be able to restrain your child safely if such a thing occurred. I'm sure most people on this forum are familiar with United Airlines flight 232 and the heroic actions of the flight crew that day. One of the reasons for such a high death toll was the amount of lap children flying that day.

What about evacuating said aircraft? If you lost your lap child even in a minor accident, what would you do?

Once again, no infant "needs" to travel by air.
Still orders of magnitude safer than traveling the same distance by road.

So, to sum up. The non kid troglodytes are acting like snowflakes to push their opinion that they should come first over the snowflakes who think their kids come first over everyone else.

me%2Bme%252C%2Btotus.jpg
It's all the same people who want control of the school systems because they're too lazy to influence future generations by having their own kids.

Back