Mom alleges kicked out of Delta first class for crying baby

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know if similar to the Allegiant story....

Arielle Noa Charnas boarded her Delta Air Lines flight from New York City to Los Angeles with her husband and 9-month old baby in tow on Dec. 29. But before they could even take off, Charnas’ flight hit some turbulence.

Her daughter Ruby — born March 11, 2016 — was so overwhelmed she couldn’t fall asleep, Charnas explained in an Instagram post on Sunday. So, like most sleepy infants, she reacted by “screaming crying.”

She and her husband had anticipated that Ruby might need some extra space on the six-hour flight, so they purchased first class seats so they “could lay down with her.” But even after boarding, Ruby didn’t calm down — and her fellow passengers weren’t too happy about it.

“I was getting tons of eye rolls and head shakes,” Charnas recalled. “As if I could just look at Ruby and say ‘Okay, now it’s time to stop.'”

She tried to ignore the frustrated flyers, but about 10 minutes later, a flight attendant approached her and her daughter to move to the back of the plane — as first class passengers were upset and complaining.

“Give up our seats that we paid for and move,” Charnas said. “As if the people in the back didn’t matter.”

“I started crying because I was so stressed and anxious and instead of the stewardess being helpful and compassionate, she instead made the situation worse,” Charnas continued. “I don’t know what’s right and wrong when it comes to flying with a baby but after telling a few people the story they were in shock.”

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...lle-noa-charnas-delta-ruby/amp/?client=safari

Babies shouldn't be allowed in first class. I didn't even think they were...
Whenever I hear a baby cry I remember that was me at one time.

Had a crying baby on my flight yesterday, it made me smile.

Also until you ride on a military rotator to Europe you have no idea of screaming babies on a plane.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Whenever I hear a baby cry I remember that was me at one time.

Had a crying baby on my flight yesterday, it made me smile.

Also until you ride on a military rotator to Europe you have no idea of screaming babies on a plane.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I don't blame people for flying with small children, clearly they have places to be as well. But First Class is a special service people pay lots of extra money for. It should include a peaceful atmosphere.

I don't blame people for flying with small children, clearly they have places to be as well. But First Class is a special service people pay lots of extra money for. It should include a peaceful atmosphere.

On the other hand, you're not going to tell someone willing to purchase a first class ticket on your airline they can't bring their lap child.

If you can afford first class, you can afford noise cancelling headphones.

"Operational necessity" tell them the crying will interfere with the function of the autopilot or something. Seriously though,I never would have thought about taking my son into F when he was that age,in fact I would call US and have them not auto upgrade me when I was flying with him for that exact reason. We survived just fine in tourist class when he was young,now that we can nonrev though....he's begging to fly in one of those "planes with the beds in them"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are restrictions on how old a non rev child must be in order to be in FC, but revenue pax can purchase tickets for babies in FC. I've seen it many times. 99% of the time they didn't make a peep.

Non rev kids must be at least either 6 or 8 to sit in FC, I've forgotten now what the age is. I think it was 8 at AA and 6 at DL but I'm not 100% sure.

I still refuse to acknowledge blogger or YouTube celebrity as professions.
Hey a valid profession or occupation is what ever you can make money doing. Blogging about food, streaming yourself playing video games, or even panhandling...all perfectly valid if it pays the bills. Useful to society? Not at all... But then so are are plenty of other professions that people don't bat an eye at when considering their validity.

Back