Mom alleges kicked out of Delta first class for crying baby

Also clearly most of you have never travelled with an infant before. Infants are easy. On a plane they pretty much eat and sleep. Might need to change a diaper once a flight but unless you're one of those awful people who thinks the tray table is a changing table I don't know why anyone would complain about that.

This is true. An infant isn't a problem. It's the 1-3 yr old who is a real handful and unfortunately can't be reasoned with. Oh and they want to move around. Hopefully the IPAD is charged and they're interested in the latest Peppa Pig video.

This is true. An infant isn't a problem. It's the 1-3 yr old who is a real handful and unfortunately can't be reasoned with. Oh and they want to move around. Hopefully the IPAD is charged and they're interested in the latest Peppa Pig video.
I'll be honest, we took our 2 year old from Alaska to Minnesota last month and I underestimated the drama. Learned some lessons for sure. Of course the trip home having both legs delayed at the gate for mechanicals and then diverting to sketchikan in the middle of the night made things substantially worse. The 2 month old was easy though.

If you want to control who is on the plane with you, there's a whooooooole segment of aviation (of which many pilots here are a part of) where you can charter your very own plane that will have ONLY the people YOU want onboard! You want no kids? You got it! If you fly commercial, you fly with the general public. That's the way it is.

To baaaack it up a loooooong way, back to the original post/topic. In regards to the whiny pax, here's 'more of the story' from a roommate of one of the working FAs on that flight: "The woman had her nanny in main cabin, the baby started screaming; she asked the lead FA if her nanny could be moved up to first class. The lead said no they didn't pay for first class, but that if she wanted she could go back to main cabin with her nanny." So the entitled, bratty mom wanted her nanny upgraded for free. Nice. Not gonna happen.

Wait who was that was on a high horse?

It amuses me no end that no one has yet managed to answer the question of what you would do if someone sat down next to you in an airplane carrying a used diaper and sounding an airhorn. Hey, schizophrenics are people too!
I would smile and say something like " I see that you have children, so do I...let's be friends! "

The bourbon is more humane. And I run towards it rather than away.
Givibg bourbon to the critter was my idea to keep him happy when we travel but nooooo suddenly that makes me a "bad parent" and it's "illegal."

Evidently it's "selfish" if I use it for myself too.

Pffff. Women.

^.....heavy amounts of sarcasm, in case anyone couldn't tell. I'd never waste good alcohol on the kid. He gets the cheap stuff.

It's a few hours out of your life, just deal with it. I'd much rather have a baby than the woman who sneezed between the seats directly into my ear hole. Got to spend Christmas with a nasty cold because of her.

It's a few hours out of your life, just deal with it. I'd much rather have a baby than the woman who sneezed between the seats directly into my ear hole. Got to spend Christmas with a nasty cold because of her.

Yuck. :(

I guess covering one's mouth when sneezing isn't taught as proper manners anymore. Sheesh......

I just had a 10 hour flight from Turkey to JFK. A baby was 4 rows behind me. It started crying and screaming before we pushed back. It stopped sometime in line at customs at JFK. I swear everyone in my section had developed facial tics and eye twitches. The parents just had a look of abject defeat.

Back