SkyWest flight attendants’ clash delays trip by two hours

I never use my debit card except as an ATM card. And if you think it's hard finding ones, trying getting $5's, which is what we tip with.

We charge extra for using cash. Or paper check. Huge hassle for businesses.
Credit lobbyists got several states (including Florida) to actually make it illegal to impose a surcharge for using a credit card. I didn't find any similar laws that would address the reverse scenario. :D

Beyond that, I agree, it's the 21st century and everything shold be EFTs. I prefer to use Zelle because unlike Venmo or Apple Pay etc., there is no surcharge to take that money out (typically around 2%). But as mentioned, there's no consumer protections like there are when using credit (not debit). Also I'm just a big weirdo about typing a banking PIN into random terminals across the land.

I’ve never been dumb enough to buy a car that I had to offer over list price on, so couldn’t tell you.

That’s the market for Broncos. If you didn’t order one, the only way to get one is a customer order that the customer refused to take. I got mine for MSRP plus some crap dealer adons (LoJack, pain/interior protection) which is BS but the overall price was well worth it.

You do know that if you are an EAA member you can buy Fords on the X-plan? I did this back in 2021 for a F150, knocked 10% off MSRP and no haggling whatsoever. It also allows you to get accesses to whatever Ford factory incentives are at that time, I got 0% financing and $1500 factory cash back. You can also tell the finance guy "No" when they try to upsell all that useless garbage. Best deal I could find in the fall of '21 in MT.

Seems like cars get brought up here a lot!! Broncos?? Dayummmmmmmm

I'm car shopping for a Hyundai Tucson with <50,000 miles!! Sexy!!!

You do know that if you are an EAA member you can buy Fords on the X-plan? I did this back in 2021 for a F150, knocked 10% off MSRP and no haggling whatsoever. It also allows you to get accesses to whatever Ford factory incentives are at that time, I got 0% financing and $1500 factory cash back. You can also tell the finance guy "No" when they try to upsell all that useless garbage. Best deal I could find in the fall of '21 in MT.

I’d be really surprised if the Bronco was eligible for X-plan.

@Bob Ridpath I think you hit on my point. Debit card (what you generally see when I get a card out of my wallet) =/= credit card. I.e. I'm spending real money I have, not future money I don't have. Just my .02. I have only recently started to carry cash for van driver tips with the airline gig, and let me tell you, it is an unending PIA to find a place where I can get $1's reliably.......or at least a place that doesn't say "just so you know, we aren't supposed to be doing this, but this one time". Maybe they think I'm headed to the strip club though :)

Be very careful using debit cards over credit cards. If your debit gets scammed, that’s your money gone. You’ll probably be able to get it back, but it will take some time for the bank to investigate. Credit card gets scammed, that’s their money gone.

Not every Ford is eligible for x-plan. We have it too through NATCa.

I’d be really surprised if the Bronco was eligible for X-plan.

It’s not.

Not every Ford is eligible for x-plan. We have it too through NATCa.

It’s not.
I hadn't thought about that, I forgot they blackout certain vehicles. You can also in normal times probably beat that plan with dealer incentives, especially on trucks but that might take a while to shake out these days.

You do know that if you are an EAA member you can buy Fords on the X-plan? I did this back in 2021 for a F150, knocked 10% off MSRP and no haggling whatsoever. It also allows you to get accesses to whatever Ford factory incentives are at that time
To add to this, Costco has a similar program for members. A captain I flew with is a BMW enthusiast and was able to get his car from his local dealer via Costco and got similar benefits to what you mentioned as well as Euro-Delivery that was offered at the time.

Video in link.

View attachment 70479 View attachment 70480

View attachment 70481

A SkyWest flight from Los Angeles to Houston was stuck on the runway for two hours after a pair of staffers furiously argued in front of passengers about whether to let someone in first class switch seats with someone in coach.

The incident was caught on video and posted on Tuesday on TikTok by ESPN anchor Ashley Brewer, who was on the flight as she and other passengers looked on in disbelief.

The video, backed by the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme, shows a male and female flight attendant bickering about the passengers’ request to switch seats so one of them could sit next to her husband.

Brewer said that while the male flight attendant approved the change, his coworker told him it was against SkyWest’s policy, sparking the debate.

“They kept bickering and going back and forth in the middle of the aisle about the rules, and what was right and what was wrong,” Brewer said before both flight attendants were asked to leave the plane and replaced with more amicable staffers.

Brewer, who comically filmed herself eating popcorn as she looked on, added that the male flight attendant began yelling at the female worker at one point, prompting her to cry and run towards the front of the plane.

The video shows the male flight attendant was the first to go, but about an hour later and still no word on take off, the female coworker is then seen exiting the plane, too.

“So then we just sat down and waited and waited and waited,” said Brewer of the incident, which she called “petty.”

“‘And it was a whole big thing. They had the flight crew come on, the pilots came out and tried to talk through [it]. It was such an ordeal. And I’m so glad it’s over.”

Despite the headaches from the flight delay, Brewer noted that the replacement crew on the flight were “sweet” and helped passengers look past the incident.

Reflecting on the situation on Twitter, Brewer wrote: “What is wrong with this world?!! It gets nuttier by the day.”

SkyWest said in a statement that it was aware of the incident and has launched an investigation into the matter.

“We regret the delay this caused for our passengers and apologize for any inconvenience. We hold all our employees to the highest standards of professionalism and are conducting an internal investigation related to this flight.”
It's all Greyhound these days... Sit your ass down and get comfortable. Or at least as comfortable as you can with a 10" pitch.

Broncos are not eligible for the X-plan.

Back