Mom alleges kicked out of Delta first class for crying baby

That said, copulation is not unpleasant.

eyebrow-081.jpg

You guess correctly. Because, as it turns out, not only is having children NOT my obligation to my Fuhrer and my Reich, it's totally optional. A personal decision which presumably involves weighing the costs and consequences rather than just ovulating and copulating. As such, those who elect to have children ought to stop being children themselves and accept responsibility for the inconveniences which come with parenthood. Changing diapers, buying strollers, being poor, not ramming the precious little life they claim to care so much about in to a pressurized tube filled with disease and irritated travellers so it can go somewhere it won't remember and fill up its diapers in a different zip code. That kind of thing.

You are correct, children are a choice and I have chosen to not have any. I do support and love my wife and her three children as if they were my own though.

It seems that you are very single minded when it comes to children. Because I don't want any means that I should not be bothered by them. Is that a correct statement.....Because you say everything besides those words.

Have you though that the trip is not necessarily for that child to, as you put it, poop in another zip code. They could be visiting that distant grandparent they only get to see once every few years. Or it could be just about anything under the sun...And that's the beauty of where we live. We can do things like that.

Does it annoy you? OK...Sorry about that but the few hours in a tube will not kill you. Put on your Bose and forget about it.

I don't know if you noticed but air travel is open to just about anyone. If you do not want to sit in a tube with a baby then by all means don't sit in that tube...As I said earlier. You are free to travel how you wish...And if your not happy with that mode of transportation you can choose another.

Maybe you should drive across country so your not "bothered" by all the masses that use that tube to get from a to b.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

You are correct, children are a choice and I have chosen to not have any. I do support and love my wife and her three children as if they were my own though.

It seems that you are very single minded when it comes to children. Because I don't want any means that I should not be bothered by them. Is that a correct statement.....Because you say everything besides those words.

Have you though that the trip is not necessarily for that child to, as you put it, poop in another zip code. They could be visiting that distant grandparent they only get to see once every few years. Or it could be just about anything under the sun...And that's the beauty of where we live. We can do things like that.

Does it annoy you? OK...Sorry about that but the few hours in a tube will not kill you. Put on your Bose and forget about it.

I don't know if you noticed but air travel is open to just about anyone. If you do not want to sit in a tube with a baby then by all means don't sit in that tube...As I said earlier. You are free to travel how you wish...And if your not happy with that mode of transportation you can choose another.

Maybe you should drive across country so your not "bothered" by all the masses that use that tube to get from a to b.

Sorry, I completely agree with Boris here. If the children are so young that they won't remember, what is the point of traveling with them? Why not wait until they're grown enough to not disturb others on an aircraft?

Instead of asking passengers without kids to suck it up, why don't you just leave the infants at home....or better yet, drive. Zero sympathy from me.

Yes because driving across the country is any easier or cheaper with an infant.

I am guessing that you do not have children. It must be nice sitting on your high horse looking down at all of us. If you are so offended by children on airplanes you have a choice. Don't fly or pay $$$ for the convince of not listening to kids on a plane. I don't mean first class, I am more leaning toward your own tube flying through the sky.

You have a choice too. Don't bring your hellspawn on an aircraft. No infant "needs" to fly.

Sorry, I completely agree with Boris here. If the children are so young that they won't remember, what is the point of traveling with them? Why not wait until they're grown enough to not disturb others on an aircraft?

I'm not a breeder and mostly just tease people who are because it's fun. Seeing people respond with outrage that we don't think they are special because they managed to pull of something that 99% of the population can do is kind of fun.

But I do have a theory. If, from an early age, traveling simply becomes "part of life" you have a much lower chance of having a meltdown than if your kid never leaves the house.

I've got friends and family who just stay at home with their kids. When they do finally decide to go to the grocery store it is a HUGE event and the kids freak out. I've got friends and family who have continued to live their life despite having kids and while there is the occasional meltdown, the kids are usually awesome. They're also a lot more inquisitive about the world.

As a brat that was dragged around the world for most of my life, I understand families have to travel. While baby proof planes would be amazing, expecting that is pretty unrealistic. Kids freak out for no reason, that's just part of life. I do feel bad for the parents when it happens, and despite my desire to gate check the child or stick them in the overhead bin, I try to offer a glimpse of understanding. But I completely believe that having kids is a choice and it is pretty damn disrespectful to bring one who is likely to have a meltdown into situations where it is likely to disrupt the atmosphere for people who can reasonably expect a certain, peaceful environment. Movies, spas, first class on an airplane are some situations that come to mind.

Additionally, an airline needs to have a clearly defined policy for situations like this. Both the passenger and the employees need to know what to expect.

I'm not a breeder and mostly just tease people who are because it's fun. Seeing people respond with outrage that we don't think they are special because they managed to pull of something that 99% of the population can do is kind of fun.

But I do have a theory. If, from an early age, traveling simply becomes "part of life" you have a much lower chance of having a meltdown than if your kid never leaves the house.

I've got friends and family who just stay at home with their kids. When they do finally decide to go to the grocery store it is a HUGE event and the kids freak out. I've got friends and family who have continued to live their life despite having kids and while there is the occasional meltdown, the kids are usually awesome. They're also a lot more inquisitive about the world.

As a brat that was dragged around the world for most of my life, I understand families have to travel. While baby proof planes would be amazing, expecting that is pretty unrealistic. Kids freak out for no reason, that's just part of life. I do feel bad for the parents when it happens, and despite my desire to gate check the child or stick them in the overhead bin, I try to offer a glimpse of understanding. But I completely believe that having kids is a choice and it is pretty damn disrespectful to bring one who is likely to have a meltdown into situations where it is likely to disrupt the atmosphere for people who can reasonably expect a certain, peaceful environment. Movies, spas, first class on an airplane are some situations that come to mind.

Additionally, an airline needs to have a clearly defined policy for situations like this. Both the passenger and the employees need to know what to expect.
A balanced, nuanced post that looks at both sides of an issue and offers some possible workable solutions? You do realize this is the internet right?

I'd like to think I'm not speaking from a perspective of ignorance here; I traveled quite a lot as a child, but my first trip on an airplane wasn't until I was 4 years old. I also had parents who knew how to.....parent, unlike a vast quantity of those I've observed on airplanes myself. Traveling can become a part of life without boarding an airplane....or at least waiting until you're old enough to know what the heck is going on while inside of said airplane.

I'd like to think I'm not speaking from a perspective of ignorance here; I traveled quite a lot as a child, but my first trip on an airplane wasn't until I was 4 years old. I also had parents who knew how to.....parent, unlike a vast quantity of those I've observed on airplanes myself. Traveling can become a part of life without boarding an airplane....or at least waiting until you're old enough to know what the heck is going on while inside of said airplane.

I lived on three different continents before I turned 5. Sometimes you really just have to fly.

Instead of asking passengers without kids to suck it up, why don't you just leave the infants at home....or better yet, drive. Zero sympathy from me.
Can we call them what they are? I mean aside from hellspawn, I like that.
Lap rockets. And a danger to everyone on the airplane. Not just annoying.

Yes because driving across the country is any easier or cheaper with an infant.

I am guessing that you do not have children. It must be nice sitting on your high horse looking down at all of us. If you are so offended by children on airplanes you have a choice. Don't fly or pay $$$ for the convince of not listening to kids on a plane. I don't mean first class, I am more leaning toward your own tube flying through the sky.

Your driving your offspring across the country is significantly easier for me than forcing me to share an airplane with them. Just please use the driving lane except when passing, and use on-ramps to accelerate to match the speed of traffic, and you won't inconvenience me at all.

Meat is delicious. I had some delicious shrimp tacos but since it was "leg day", I burned that off in about 20 minutes. Gonna go forage in the fridge.

My take as a new parent is that my wife and I are going to travel with our kid. He isn't old enough to remember the trips yet, but the trips aren't always about their memories. Not everyone in our family has the means or is able to travel. My 92 year old sweetheart of a grandma wants and deserves to meet her great-grand child while she can, but she is in no shape to fly. Since my vacation is late this year and my schedule generally won't allow the time to drive back and forth we'll fly to her.

That said, we will also do everything in our power to keep the critter as happy as is feasible given the circumstances. Try to adjust his schedule ahead of time so he will be tired and ready to sleep when we fly. Ensure he is clean/dry/fed/warm prior to boarding. Pack ahead of time so anything he may need is accessable from our seats. Try and get seats near the back by the lav to enable quick access if need be. If we do everything we can to keep him happy and ensure his needs are met and he still cries, as kids do, we'll do our best to calm him. If that doesn't work for you, well, I won't lose any sleep over it that night because my kid will probably make sure I'm not sleeping anyway.

Last edited:
Back