SkyWest flight attendants’ clash delays trip by two hours

back in the day, any kind of cameras and such were verboten in the cockpit. Unless they were an issued camera for reconnaissance purposes.

There is a Feb 1970 Cessna T-37 Tweet accident that occurred with a Williams AFB-based Tweet along the Gila River east of Florence, AZ. Solo student was RTB from the MOA practice area and had decided to descend down low level and fly the Gila River westbound and in between two tall mountain hills called North Butte and South Butte, about 8 miles east of Florence. North Butte has a train track that runs through a tunnel that was cut through the butte, as the tracks parallel the east/west river on the north side. Student had brought an 8mm camera with him. During the low pass down the river and between the Buttes, he impacted North Butte on the southwestern side, crashing into the ground on the western side. His body was found in the wreckage with the 8mm camera shoved through the front of his helmet and buried in his skull. The wreckage of Tweet still sits there where it impacted 53 years ago.
When I went to Willie that accident was briefed over and over. I flew that route many times later in life in my RV passing by the "Cone Head Condos." I think there was a formation A-7 accident later that added to the No Camera rule. When I flew recce and even though I had as many as 4 different cameras in the nose, I still couldn't carry one in the cockpit. When did the rule change or did it?

Of course we never broke that rule did we Mike?

Landing.png

Some idiots listen to Dave Ramsey and think credit is evil.

Todd, my reasons for doing so are rooted elsewhere. I'm sheltered, I guess, and have no idea who Dave Ramsey is. It's certainly possible I might be an idiot, though. I'm pretty much OK with that after almost 69 years - probably make it to the grave without too much worry at this point having the same mindset.

Todd, my reasons for doing so are rooted elsewhere. I'm sheltered, I guess, and have no idea who Dave Ramsey is. It's certainly possible I might be an idiot, though. I'm pretty much OK with that after almost 69 years - probably make it to the grave without too much worry at this point having the same mindset.

He's a talk radio host that gives financial advice to people who really aren't going to follow it anyway.

When I went to Willie that accident was briefed over and over. I flew that route many times later in life in my RV passing by the "Cone Head Condos." I think there was a formation A-7 accident later that added to the No Camera rule. When I flew recce and even though I had as many as 4 different cameras in the nose, I still couldn't carry one in the cockpit. When did the rule change or did it?

Of course we never broke that rule did we Mike?

View attachment 70670

of course we never broke it! Haha. Yeah that was T-37B 57-2315, 27 Feb 1970. VR-269 went right by that location there where the Buttes are. Wreckage still sits at the site just west of the North Butte.

Yeah, wasn’t intending to call you an idiot, just pointing out that Dave Ramsey is why a lot of other people don’t use credit, and people who worship Ramsey are idiots. :)

Yeah, wasn’t intending to call you an idiot, just pointing out that Dave Ramsey is why a lot of other people don’t use credit, and people who worship Ramsey are idiots. :)

No problem, my friend. I appreciate your insight into things about life and financial stuff and am not afraid to embrace new concepts. Didn't take it personally, just commenting from my perspective and place in life.

And enforces all kinds of intrusive crap rules on his employees. And claims to be a Christian and lives in a gigantic mansion.

Dave Ramsey sucks.

Caller: Hey Dave, long time listener how are you doing?

Dave: Better than I deserve, what’s up?

Caller: ::chuckles:: that’s good. Hey, my husband and I make a combined income of 120k/year. No credit card debt, we’re on step 3 of baby steps and are trying to save for a down payment. We have 2 car payments but can’t seem to save much for a house. What are we missing?

Dave: Sell the cars, or turn them in. Live under a bridge. Life’s gonna suck for a while but you can find good quality cardboard for a decent price in the winter time. Ramen is good with a little pepper but purchase it from Aldi, you’ll get more bang for your buck. Also, keep that $90/month subscription to Every Dollar, and buy my books you’re gonna need them. Life’s gonna suck for a while but you’ll be better for it. Just whatever you do, don’t have fun or enjoy your life. Hoard your money and make sure you’re living as painfully poor as possible! But please, keep buying my books. Oh and I almost forgot. Don’t forget to tithe your 10%!

I'm not against what you do. If it works for you, more power to you. :) My point was a CC does the exact same thing as your DC does - except the money doesn't come directly out of your piggy bank. If there is a fraud charge on a CC, you are out $0 right off the bat.

Question about the debit card on gasoline - is that Arco by any chance?

I've done the mental gymnastics with that one. DC saves me 10 cents / gallon BUT they charge a one time 35 cent fee on the transaction. Is that the case for where you are?

In my case, save 10 cents a gallon on a 16 gallon tank means $1.60 in savings, minus the 35 cent fee for a DC, is 1.25 savings. But the CC gets 1.5% cash back, so assuming $5/gallon gas here and 16 gallons, that's $80 bill and a cash back of $1.20. In my particular case, the difference becomes negligible. And this math assumes I was nearly empty to fill 16 gallons to begin with. If I'm only partially filling, then the DC math falls apart - the 35 cent fee kills it. For that reason I end up using my CC for gasoline. Some CCs offer even more cashback for gas on rotating monthly/quarterly cycles. Mine doesn't.

I'm just going off on a tangent. More power to you, I have no issues with what method you choose, whatever works for you Sir :)

If you have Verizon for cell phone or cable/internet, the Verizon Visa is great. 4% cash back on gas/groceries and 3% on dining. 2% on Verizon purchases and you get a bill discount for autopay using the card. Only problem is that the cash back is in Verizon Dollars. I use Verizon Dollars to pay down my cell phone bill so it works great for me.

And enforces all kinds of intrusive crap rules on his employees. And claims to be a Christian and lives in a gigantic mansion.

Dave Ramsey sucks.
You won't find an argument from me at all.

I'm not a fan of his style, but if you're living in a doublewide in Arkansas and heed some of the lessons, you may find yourself in a slightly larger doublewide, but not out of poverty.

Otherwise, I'd be driving a beater car, putting more in maintenace monthly than I would a car payment and living in a paid-off duplex in flyover country while giving some church 20% of my money. Doesn't sound fun.

Back