Mom alleges kicked out of Delta first class for crying baby

You might think so based on my stern responses, but I'm actually quite the opposite. Guess what? My future wife and I actually do want kids. Her family live within driving distance, I don't have much family left on my side, and she thinks airplanes (especially for young children) are cesspools of viruses and bacteria.....which they kind of are.

It gives me great satisfaction to know my future fellow travelers will be spared the screaming poop-factory in seat 35E......until they're old enough to know better.

35E? What kind of craptastic FF status do you have? Plastic Level or something?

This thread, the stances, the utter selfishness, the complete and utter rudeness of some of the posters, the idea that the world only revolves around me and what I want, is troubling, it's actually disturbing............especially from so called professionals. People who mostly have a college education and are working in a profession where they are exposed to other people from all over the planet. Yet, what has been gained and learned from these experiences? Apparently, not much.

There is no compassion, no understanding, no sympathy, no self-control, and no heart. The over the top ridiculous scenarios and hyperbole and the exaggerated b.s. is unbelievable. We are talking about little babies and toddlers, not monsters, not members of ISIS, not evil people, not criminals, not someone with ebola, but little children. Beautiful, innocent, wonderful children experiencing a little journey of discovery. Because you cannot or refuse to understand/comprehend this says a lot about you, not the parents or the baby. And guess the hell what? You are not more any more important than they are. Deal with it.

I can only hope that these children will be raised better and grow up without the sense of I am the only human being in this world that matters and that everyone has to cater to me 24/7. I hope they will grown up to know tolerance and compassion, to know kindness, empathy and perspective instead of being selfish, egocentric, self-absorbed, self-centered, tantrum throwing adult morons.

There are adults who may sit next to you who snore like hogs, claim the armrest, constantly eat snacks they brought, get up and down many times during the flight, take their shoes of, bump into you constantly, need a shower, listen to music or watch a movie and sing along, laugh too loudly, are sick with the flu or a cold and sneeze and cough on you, want to talk to you constantly, watch what you are doing on your laptop, someone who is sad an tearful because of something they are experiencing in their lives, and a hundred other annoyances that you have no control of and can do nothing about. Yet, is it the fussing or the crying of a little baby that completely undoes you? Get a GD grip and suck it up. If you cannot even tolerate something unpleasant that a baby might do, how the hell do you plan on getting along in this world with other adults? How to you plan on handling something very serious and tragic in your life if a little baby crying or fussing completely undoes you? Is your own behavior so perfect 24 hours a day? Have you never ever been a huge pain in the ass to anyone ever? If a baby fussing on a plane is the worst GD thing that happens to you that week, then count your blessings, be grateful, get a grip, gain a perspective and just an ounce of human decency, understanding and compassion. If you cannot muster any of that, then I feel sorry for you, really sorry.

If you want other people to be something other than what they are because everything they do that is not in alignment with you, and you want the world to exist in a way that it does not exist because you are so delicate, and never want to be inconvenienced, then go build a cabin deep in some woods in the middle of nowhere, where you never have to come into contact with any other human beings. You'll also be doing others a great service because they won't have to tolerate your b.s. either.

Last edited:
You might think so based on my stern responses, but I'm actually quite the opposite. Guess what? My future wife and I actually do want kids. Her family live within driving distance, I don't have much family left on my side, and she thinks airplanes (especially for young children) are cesspools of viruses and bacteria.....which they kind of are.

It gives me great satisfaction to know my future fellow travelers will be spared the screaming poop-factory in seat 35E......until they're old enough to know better.

But, like others have said, it is easy to say what you would do, until you are in those shoes of actual parents. If you have ever road tripped with kids, which I have with my nephew, it gives you a new appreciation for air travel, even with short trips. The only road trip worse was driving from ATL to FLG with my Dad when it was his turn for Spotify privileges. You can only hear Celine Dion so much...

Either way, I have respect for parents. It isn't easy on a good day...

Wait who was that was on a high horse?

It amuses me no end that no one has yet managed to answer the question of what you would do if someone sat down next to you in an airplane carrying a used diaper and sounding an airhorn. Hey, schizophrenics are people too!

It amuses me no end that no one has yet managed to answer the question of what you would do if someone sat down next to you in an airplane carrying a used diaper and sounding an airhorn. Hey, schizophrenics are people too!

Is Michael puffing Curry Cologne in the right seat next to you now Matt?

Don't know if similar to the Allegiant story....

Arielle Noa Charnas boarded her Delta Air Lines flight from New York City to Los Angeles with her husband and 9-month old baby in tow on Dec. 29. But before they could even take off, Charnas’ flight hit some turbulence.

Her daughter Ruby — born March 11, 2016 — was so overwhelmed she couldn’t fall asleep, Charnas explained in an Instagram post on Sunday. So, like most sleepy infants, she reacted by “screaming crying.”

She and her husband had anticipated that Ruby might need some extra space on the six-hour flight, so they purchased first class seats so they “could lay down with her.” But even after boarding, Ruby didn’t calm down — and her fellow passengers weren’t too happy about it.

“I was getting tons of eye rolls and head shakes,” Charnas recalled. “As if I could just look at Ruby and say ‘Okay, now it’s time to stop.'”

She tried to ignore the frustrated flyers, but about 10 minutes later, a flight attendant approached her and her daughter to move to the back of the plane — as first class passengers were upset and complaining.

“Give up our seats that we paid for and move,” Charnas said. “As if the people in the back didn’t matter.”

“I started crying because I was so stressed and anxious and instead of the stewardess being helpful and compassionate, she instead made the situation worse,” Charnas continued. “I don’t know what’s right and wrong when it comes to flying with a baby but after telling a few people the story they were in shock.”

https://www.google.com/amp/people.c...lle-noa-charnas-delta-ruby/amp/?client=safari

One word.........

Benadryl

Freakin' amateurs!!! :biggrin:

I'm not going to quote that word fortress to keep the thread somewhat readable, but I'm always amused by someone accusing me of being entitled and self centered and then launching into some diatribe that usually ends up reeking of narcissism and self entitlement itself.

I will tolerate your children even when they're behaving badly. That doesn't mean I have to like it or them or even respond to you in a cordial manner when your kid has been screaming in my ear or kicking me in the ass for the past two hours.

Assuming I can get these things past TSA, sounds like a challenge!

cf7.gif

Last edited:
Back