In Russia, lease means own

I’m sorry you feel that way.

I’ve tried to find common ground on non-political stuff with you. Seems like you really just don’t like it when people disagree with you.
You've never agreed with me about anything even if I was right.

I know I’m going to regret this but....
You appear to go around looking to pick fights with those you don’t agree with. Not discussion, just attacks and questioning people’s character.
I understand that some things I've said have been considered impolite, but I'd appreciate you substantiating your claim of my attacks or questions of anyones character. I'll wait.

I understand that some things I've said have been considered impolite, but I'd appreciate you substantiating your claim of my attacks or questions of anyones character. I'll wait.
Ok sure. I’m going to take the time to go through all your posts to prove my point.

I’m sure I could ask other posters on here to vouch for me, but it’s not that important. You know what you’ve done.

Ok sure. I’m going to take the time to go through all your posts to prove my point.

I’m sure I could ask other posters on here to vouch for me, but it’s not that important. You know what you’ve done.
So you just posted to say absolutely nothing of substance and at the same time accuse me of something you refuse to identify? Ladies and gentleman, here is your modern college graduate and possibly the person flying you home tomorrow!

The issue is that very few Russian airlines operate Russian equipment these days, even the modern Superjet is already being replaced at some carriers though it was introduced just over a decade ago. So unless they figure out a way to produce parts themselves, they'll soon be forced to scrap a sizable amount of airliners in their fleets just to keep going.
I read somewhere (think it was a WSJ article) that they were planning on building a "home grown" superjet but it wasn't supposed to start until '24 and Safran has already stopped sending parts for current production runs (gear and engines I think)

I was under the impression that Flightaware and the like used already freely available information in their apps? So I'd think that they, Flightaware in this instance; could simply say "No", and there would be little this outfit could do about it. Much like that kid tracking Musk's plane, they just put it out there in a more easily accessible form.

I was under the impression that Flightaware and the like used already freely available information in their apps? So I'd think that they, Flightaware in this instance; could simply say "No", and there would be little this outfit could do about it. Much like that kid tracking Musk's plane, they just put it out there in a more easily accessible form.
Part of their business model is to exchange Earth dollars for redacting certain data records (which I think is kind of skeezy, but popular among these companies). There are "community run" databases that do refuse to obscure records.

I think there may be some (financial?/access?) incentive from the FAA for companies that operate by their guidelines, which may include provisions for privacy.

There is a "Privacy ICAO aircraft address (PIA) program" where a flight can request a temporary-use Mode S beacon code from the FAA (where only the FAA knows the real aircraft ID) ... the aircraft is actually broadcasting a beacon code different than anything you'd find in a registry. But the privacy addresses are a block of numbers where, whenever anyone rarely uses one, it's sort of like hanging out a large neon sign that says "please ignore me."

I thought Volga - Dnepr was a Ukrainian company. The planes have the blue and yellow Ukrainian colors in places on them.

Back