An effort to educate (world airline strategy)

mshunter said, re DL 717 profitability:

They may not have a direct line to their CFO, but they can judge from load factors. Which they can see.

It's still one of those blind-men-and-the-elephant things. Generalizing should be demoted back to 2nd Looie.

Do you have something against using the quote feature? I've noticed that you always do it that way.

mshunter said: "Do you have something against using the quote feature? I've noticed that you always do it that way." (not invoking the quote feature.)

My post looked fine as I posted it, and it still does - just went back and checked.

My guess: some strange compatibility mix-up either with my browser (Firefox, current ver.) or yours, vs the software that Jet Careers uses.

Or procedure. I copy the quote, type the header, invoke the quote function from the pull-down, put the cursor in the middle of the syntax line, and paste the quote. Works for me, but I'm not too old to learn a better way.

Moderators? Other users see the same unintended result??

mshunter said: "Do you have something against using the quote feature? I've noticed that you always do it that way." (not invoking the quote feature.)

My post looked fine as I posted it, and it still does - just went back and checked.

My guess: some strange compatibility mix-up either with my browser (Firefox, current ver.) or yours, vs the software that Jet Careers uses.

Or procedure. I copy the quote, type the header, invoke the quote function from the pull-down, put the cursor in the middle of the syntax line, and paste the quote. Works for me, but I'm not too old to learn a better way.

Moderators? Other users see the same unintended result??
Try just hitting the reply button. If you don't want the entire quote to appear, just highlight and delete the parts you don't want. I think the quote thing is to post multiple quotes from the same or different people in your reply.

Ecl!pse reminded me of the fatal flaw in my own generalization.

People do make judgements based on the information they have and believe to be true. And, of course, we don't know what we don't know. The Internet proves it daily (but less often on Jet Careers, Tools not withstanding).

I'm sewing 2nd Looie bars on my uniform.

Ecl!pse reminded me of the fatal flaw in my own generalization.

People do make judgements based on the information they have and believe to be true. And, of course, we don't know what we don't know. The Internet proves it daily (but less often on Jet Careers, Tools not withstanding).

I'm sewing 2nd Looie bars on my uniform.

Click this little icon. The one that says "Reply" It'll make it way easier for those having a conversation with you to follow it.
Screenshot_2015-07-15-16-24-02.png

Back