In Russia, lease means own

I was talking to a friend last night, other than the abhorrent loss of civilians we decided the worst thing was the loss of the An-225.

I was talking to a friend last night, other than the abhorrent loss of civilians we decided the worst thing was the loss of the An-225.

Ya think? Just me, but I think a whole bunch of 20-something Ukranian dudes (and women) who should have had their whole adult lives ahead of them bleeding out face-down in the mud or having their internal organs vaccu-packed for the crime of defending their democracy, land, and families against some sociopathic septuagenarian's notions of "a greater Slavic Empire" or whatever other 19th century claptrap is a greater loss than a big cool airplane. Hell, based on the videos I've seen of the captured Russians, I think the deaths of 95% of the Russkies are worse, too.

I'm not trying to pick on you here, I get where you're coming from. But I think it's important to keep this stuff in perspective.

Ya think? Just me, but I think a whole bunch of 20-something Ukranian dudes (and women) who should have had their whole adult lives ahead of them bleeding out face-down in the mud or having their internal organs vaccu-packed for the crime of defending their democracy, land, and families against some sociopathic septuagenarian's notions of "a greater Slavic Empire" or whatever other 19th century claptrap is a greater loss than a big cool airplane. Hell, based on the videos I've seen of the captured Russians, I think the deaths of 95% of the Russkies are worse, too.

I'm not trying to pick on you here, I get where you're coming from. But I think it's important to keep this stuff in perspective.
I'd hope you'll read my post again and notice the part where I used the word abhorrent.

I'd hope you'll read my post again and notice the part where I used the word abhorrent.

I did, but you referenced civilians exclusively. And yeah, I mean, children dying of dehydration in Mariupol is probably the worst thing that's happening (and that is happening, right now), but AFAIC, everyone fighting the Russians (and, ironically, a lot of the Russians fighting them) are just as much victims of this as anyone else. Again, the point of saying this isn't to bag on you. I think we all think it sucks that the AN-225 was destroyed and all that. But the reality of what is happening to these people is somehow more abstract, and it shouldn't be. What's the Joey Stalin quote about a million deaths, again?

Back