I caught a guard meower today

Curiously, chucked a chair for what reason? Sheesh…..like a Jerry Springer episode.
Anything I could say further would be merely speculation based on my opinion of the character of the individual, and is thus best withheld.

That seems like a more plausible explanation.....though still funny
It right around the time I started 73 OE, so I asked my LCP and it went all the way to Mecca. :bounce:
ca672447-8f53-4093-a4ab-e6d07d3f5a61.jpeg

It’s quite a shame all the DF Steer equipment in the lower 48 was decommissioned back in 2007. Repurposing it for finding the guard meowers would have been hilarious.

FCC used to staff monitoring stations too and fine people for transmitting outside their designated band, but I’m not sure what the current status of those is.

The last generation DF equipment, which really came into place around the mid-90s, just before the FSS outsourcing, was really pretty cool. It was completely automated, and when you transmitted, the system triangulated rapidly, and your position was displayed almost like radar.

Yes, the FCC does do monitoring, and they will track down people they feel are blatantly violating the regs. They also work off tips from the ARRL and other sources as well.

No way someone would make something up, send it around and it goes viral just for internet points. Not possible.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it." -Abraham Lincoln
Nice Tag line.

Eating a nice greasy bag of Dicks is great after a night out

View attachment 72643
Non-Seattle residents probably haven't seen the history of playing off this joke for half a century.

Almost Live used to riff on it regularly. I remember a Speed Walker skit that opened with the street theft of someone's burger where the victim exclaimed, "Somebody grabbed my Dick!"

I'm sure that's out there on YouTube somewhere.

EDIT: Yep

Back