I caught a guard meower today

No way someone would make something up, send it around and it goes viral just for internet points. Not possible.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it." -Abraham Lincoln

Well, hilariously it involved a LCP and that is no screen I have access to. So one of my really good buddies is CP out in LAX and I asked "what the hell screen is this?" "I don't know, nothing that we have. Looks like an unsent gate message to load planning, but why would they care?"

Then it made the rounds and it's a hoax. A funny hoax, but… a hoax.

Non-Seattle residents probably haven't seen the history of playing off this joke for half a century.

Almost Live used to riff on it regularly. I remember a Speed Walker skit that opened with the street theft of someone's burger where the victim exclaimed, "Somebody grabbed my Dick!"

I'm sure that's out there on YouTube somewhere.

EDIT: Yep
HIGH FIVING WHITE GUYS!

Non-Seattle residents probably haven't seen the history of playing off this joke for half a century.

Almost Live used to riff on it regularly. I remember a Speed Walker skit that opened with the street theft of someone's burger where the victim exclaimed, "Somebody grabbed my Dick!"

I'm sure that's out there on YouTube somewhere.

EDIT: Yep

Damn. When did that air?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HIGH FIVING WHITE GUYS!

I remember when I got hired as a CSA at Alaska having some of our training videos staring Pat Cashman. I was one of the few locals who knew who he was. Loved staying up late to watch it and seeing Bill Nye light John Kester on fire or whatnot.

When you were stuck in the Grunge-era PNW and hadn't yet sampled In-N-Out or Whataburger, et al, it was the burger joint of choice.
In true JC form this is gonna turn into a literal decades long running JC burger debate… but Whataburger is trash and I absolute don’t get the hype.
I guess I’m a wannabe Californian for a couple years now and I can admit I like In N Out, although rarely eat it now that I live in CA, but I also don’t consider it some life changing burger experience. Every time I’ve eaten Whataburger though it’s been soggy trash.

That's a penguin that has long since fallen off the iceberg, but my guess is 1989-1990-ish.
I recall one episode talking about the “new city of Federal Way”

I love, love, love being able to see 1990’s era Seattle through that view, back before it was the “It” place to go. (Same with watching 10 Things I Hate About You)

That's a penguin that has long since fallen off the iceberg, but my guess is 1989-1990-ish.

For some reason it brought back some core memories of being at my grandparents place in Seattle back in the day. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lived in Green Lake and West Seattle in the 90's. Speed Walker was Bill Nye the Science guy who was on King 5 TV and sort of a local celebrity. The guy running with the burger looks super familiar. He might have been a newscast guy or sports. I forget.

I lived in Green Lake and West Seattle in the 90's. Speed Walker was Bill Nye the Science guy who was on King 5 TV and sort of a local celebrity. The guy running with the burger looks super familiar. He might have been a newscast guy or sports. I forget.
John Keister was the host of the show, just a local comedian.

In-n-Out is all hype. No juice for the squeeze.

Five Guys is ok, but you have to be into it.

By far, the best burger in this spiral arm of the galaxy is at a dive called “Port o Call” in New Orleans, on the corner of Dauphine and Esplanade.

100%, unquestionably palladium plated truth. Richman approved.

As an aside, you can get completely obliterated with two Monsoons. If eating lunch, cancel the rest of your day, and your am meetings tomorrow. One of those epic meals where you awaken from your slumber the next day and ask “WTF just happened?”.

In-n-Out is all hype. No juice for the squeeze.
giphy.gif

Back