I caught a guard meower today

Related, US carriers are absolutely embarrassing on the radios overseas. My own is certainly guilty, but the passenger carriers need to put a focus on that.
Truth. I was relaying for a Reach C130 over the Atlantic that just butchered position reporting. I was going back and forth writing down his report and relayed it to gander. The senior guy looks at me and said “how did you get that down so fast and report it correctly in sequence?” “Uhh, because I’ve been too poor for CPDLC before?”

Last edited:
Copy. Concur. In the immortal words of R.L. Burnside, "It's bad, you know". Funny how 'Muricans can't even be convinced to speak standard English. Must rankle their sensibilities 'bout thar raaaaaights in the global hegemony.
+1 for the R. L. Burnside reference.

Not even close to ICAO phraseology that often leaves foreign controllers confused.

We were coming up through the Amazon a month or so ago in the trail of Delta/United/American all heading to the east coast and one of them kept getting on the freq going , “hey, Amazonica, how are the rides at 340?”

Amazonica- “Climb, FL340”

Major - “No, we don’t want to climb, just wondering about the rides..”

Amazonica- “Say again?”

Major- super slow and loud- “we are asking how your rides are at 340, we are getting pretty beat up here.”

Amazonica - “Climb FL340”

Major- “ugh, negative, we will maintain FL300”

Amazonica - silence

Next TWO frequency changes…literally happens again. Like dude! We can barely get through required transmissions with anyone in South America, much less slang and chit chat talk. This happens a bunch I’ve noticed and no one in the cockpit seems to tell these guys (and gals) to lock it up except for very specific and standardized ICAO phraseology.

Europe is the same but they are better with the slang and non standardized phraseology but still…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s incredible. The number of times I hear a coworker say something like “another empty kitchen” when they hear a female voice is ridiculous. If you’re going to be an •, at least make me laugh.
“jokes” like that truly show weakness in character. Bullying others makes them feel more like a man? Pathetic. Their daughters must be so proud. Wonder why you’re on wife #3 there john wayne…

Bull crap. There’s no way someone is stupid enough to meow on guard… twice… on IOE!

Right? This is impossible right???

If the rumor mill was true, didn't someone get in a fight over a checklist and tell the LCA to "eat a bag of dicks" not too long ago? I personally know of a person (classmate of a friend, so I guess, not "personally") who refused to stop texting while the parking brake was not set, at a major US airport, during OE. Neither of those were my shop, but both were the same shop :)

If the rumor mill was true, didn't someone get in a fight over a checklist and tell the LCA to "eat a bag of dicks" not too long ago? I personally know of a person (classmate of a friend, so I guess, not "personally") who refused to stop texting while the parking brake was not set, at a major US airport, during OE. Neither of those were my shop, but both were the same shop :)
To be fair, EABOD guy at least gets some points for glory.

Much like an certain captain I'm familiar with who, rumor has it, chucked a chair at an instructor during new hire ground at a Fun Livery® and is now back at a regional.

1688880968271.png

To be fair, the message I got about that, it showed a company screen with it typed out…it was a well done ruse

Much like an certain captain I'm familiar with who, rumor has it, chucked a chair at an instructor during new hire ground at a Fun Livery® and is now back at a regional.

Curiously, chucked a chair for what reason? Sheesh…..like a Jerry Springer episode.

Back