I caught a guard meower today

Well, not a meower. Instead he did some stupid “welcome to regional airline radio! Bringing smiles up and down the east coast!” or something like that on guard. I didn’t know who it was at the time, but just after I told Endeavour 4947 to contact departure on 24.75, the same voice came over guard reading it back. Then a few seconds later he asked to clarify the freq, so I got on guard and told edv4947 when he’s done being a DJ to contact departure. He didn’t read that back.
Sympathy and empathy. I hate it too. But without a vetted voice print, I guess I might be careful throwing out specifics. And while time appears to be on your side here, lot's of pilots sound very similar, same as ATCers.

Controllers are • RT connoisseurs. If he says "same voice," it was the same voice. Dude does nothing but talk on the radio all day long.
That's all likely true. And humans really are pretty decent vocal discriminators. Just like humans are pretty good facial discriminators. Still, eye witnesses have been proven notoriously inaccurate as evidence in courts of law, as I suspect could be proven similarly about aural witnesses in courts of law. And a court of law is likely where throwing out specific information would go if the guilty party ever determined they'd been outed. Worse, if the innocent party found they'd been wrongly outed. Despite what you hear from certain bombastic folks in the news lately, investigations into wrongdoing are almost always best done quietly.

But, hey! Dis is Joysee! If dis is da guy, follow 'im to the hotel room with a pillow case full a' soap. Know what i'm talkin' bout?

Last edited:
Meowing has spread to CTAFs by CFIs in the wee hours of the night
If you airlines would just hurry the heck up and hire all those great aviators, we could rid the GA world of all that detritus those up and coming, captain-material, heroes of the industry.

These new planes some of these schools have, the radios are fine, but the ones using the radio are unintelligible haha
That's been the case since way back when the radios were far less than fine.

Back