Man duct-taped to seat after allegedly groping Frontier flight attendants

I just figured it was an interesting thought experiment, especially in todays litigious society. Ultimately, the guy’s own actions in making himself an immediate and unpredictable safety threat to the cabin crew and by extension, other passengers, necessitated some means of detention and control.

Interesting case study.

I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think you can’t use deadly, or even injurious force to booby trap your home from invaders, even if you have a reasonable suspicion that is a likely event.

In this case, could you restrain him to the seat just on the basis he might be a threat, and not just a loudmouth?

$2 million. Got me thinking about these NYC mayoral primary candidates responses

“Do you know the median sales price for a home in Brooklyn?

The question, which was recently posed to eight mayoral candidates by The New York Times editorial board, was not a trick. Brooklyn is a notoriously expensive borough in one of America’s most expensive cities, and New York City’s housing crisis promises to be a major issue in the coming years.

Yet the range of responses given by two of the candidates — off by roughly an order of magnitude — has touched off incredulity among New Yorkers.

“In Brooklyn, huh? I don’t for sure,” Shaun Donovan, who has touted his experience as housing secretary under President Barack Obama and housing commissioner under Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, answered. “I would guess it is around $100,000.”

The guess from Raymond J. McGuire, an investment banker and former executive at Citigroup who has sought to woo voters with his financial acumen, included similar numbers.

“It’s got to be somewhere in the $80,000 to $90,000 range, if not higher,” he said.

Eric Adams, the Brooklyn borough president, said he believed the number was about $550,000. Maya Wiley, a former counsel to Mayor Bill de Blasio, guessed $1.8 million. Only Andrew Yang, who has been criticized in the past for seeming out of touch with the city’s issues, guessed correctly: $900,000.

Kathryn Garcia, a former sanitation commissioner, guessed $800,000; Dianne Morales, a former nonprofit executive, $500,000; and Scott M. Stringer, the city comptroller, $1 million.

While Mr. Donovan and Mr. McGuire are not considered among the leading candidates in the race, it was their answers that drew the most attention, with many people suggesting that they did not have a grasp on the problems of working people. As several people pointed out on social media, among the things that can be purchased in Brooklyn for $100,000 or less, according to the website Zillow: a parking space and two vacant lots.”

(Eric Adams won the Democratic primary and for the Republicans ... OHMYGOD CURTIS SILWA?!?)

Interesting case study.

I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think you can’t use deadly, or even injurious force to booby trap your home from invaders, even if you have a reasonable suspicion that is a likely event.

In this case, could you restrain him to the seat just on the basis he might be a threat, and not just a loudmouth?

Well he throw a couple of punches. He just "messed around and out."

I still don’t understand (especially, U.S. Domestic) pax airline pilots who think they’re doing anything other than flying a BART car.
Have you ever seen a BART Captain leave their booth to deal with passenger stuff? Or give the weather and point out places they pass? :)

OTOH, maybe Spirit's system are down also because a 30-year-old benchtop power supply running the computers finally failed. That would be like your bus company. :p

Have you ever seen a BART Captain leave their booth to deal with passenger stuff? Or give the weather and point out places they pass? :)
We do not generally leave the flight deck to do that here (and those days at other carriers, if the pilots are smart, are fading, too). We have a handful of options: cops, CROs, medics, gate agents or miraculous self-resolution of a passenger issue.

Back