"flow through" Agreement???

Jazzyjazz

\"flow through\" Agreement???

"But I would definitely suggest accelerated training and considering a regional airline with a "flow though" agreement with a major airline. Targeting a regional airline with low flight time requirements (usually "pay for training") you can potentially shave -years- off of your pursuit of a job with a major airline."

I saw this line on the FAQ page ( http://www.jetcareers.com/faq.htm )...

My question, WHO are these "flow through" companies so that I can call them.

Jasper

Re: \"flow through\" Agreement???

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is American Eagle. ASA and Comair are both owned by Delta, but you still have to interview for mainline. Flow through is good if you want to stay at a regional for about ten to fifteen years......

The "NO-through" at Eagle is a dead horse. It was a carrot dangled to the pilots to get them to sign the lousy contract we have now and never became what it was intended. Only 126 pilots ever 'flowed' to AA, even though 50% of the slots should have been filled by AE pilots (AA hired about 3,000 during the time the flow was in place and they were recruiting). The plan was that any AE RJ Captain, upon upgrade, could declare their intention to 'flow' and would get his AA seniority number at that time. After two years in seat, they would 'flow' to AA where they would have the seniority awarded them two years before at any seat with AA they could hold.

The other carriers have no such 'flowthrough' agreement. Airlines affiliated with DCA or Mesa give you preferential INTERVIEWS, but in no way guarantee you will be hired or offered a job.

Mesa? Which airilne gives preferential hiring to Mesa?

Oh you mean MESA gives interviews to MAPD.

That's not a flow through.

COEx had a flow through a while ago. Don't know what happened to it.

I know Delta doesnt have an official flow through but if I am not mistaken several of the last classes of new hires before 9/11 had a bunch if not majority of ASA and Comair pilots.

Could someone... anyone! Please tell me who is ASA and where is their web page? I haven't been able to find it.

Also, if possible, would you knowledgeable gentleman please include web page addresses of some of the companies/organizations to which you refer in your comments. I got a list of GOOGLE searches a mile long (lol).

Jasper

[ QUOTE ]
I got a list of GOOGLE searches a mile long (lol).

Jasper

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to learn to use Google!!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone... anyone! Please tell me who is ASA and where is their web page? I haven't been able to find it.

Also, if possible, would you knowledgeable gentleman please include web page addresses of some of the companies/organizations to which you refer in your comments. I got a list of GOOGLE searches a mile long (lol).

Jasper

[/ QUOTE ]

ASA is Atlantic Southeast Airlines. They, along with Comair are a Delta subsidiary. Their website is www.flyasa.com. On the left side of the screen there will be links to info about the carrier.

I work at an FBO at TOL (Toledo, OH) we have all the airline contracts and ExecJet/NJA/Flight Ops. I have talked to two NJA pilots who were ex-Eagle pilots who were told that they would upgrade from the ERJ (Eagle) to AA within 5-7 years.

Neither of those pilots were granted their promise, and in fact both now fly for NJA because they were furloughed. An airline flow-through agreement is about as valid as a Air Force recruiter at its finest.

[ QUOTE ]
Neither of those pilots were granted their promise,

[/ QUOTE ]

A promise in aviation is as valuable as an empty bag of snack mix!
smile.gif

Don't forget that when you have flow-through, you also have flush-back. Talk to some ExpressJet guys about that.

Back