Wisdom of a lateral career move

DEC is a hell I wouldn't wish on anyone. Being perpetually junior at a regional seems pretty bad. If you live in base, it can be a little more tolerable. How far away do you live? If you aren't getting past phone interviews, maybe you are having some trouble telling your story. Get some prep, as others have said.
shrk_sigh.png

My last crash pad (in the past and the last one ever) a dude snored so loud he shook the bed frame and all the connected bunks. So many people complained they actually kicked him out.

Sounds like someone needs a CPAP

If only there was an airline with a base just across the bridge from where you live;).
That’s what I keep telling him! But unfortunately that airline only flies Guppies

I worked at a company where management reassured us that "SkyWest will never fly EMB-145s." They didn't lie. Said company also no longer exists.

That totally sucks, and a whole lot XJT pilots were hosed in that process.

I am not in any kind of denial about how precarious our position is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As a former XJTer, the writing really was on the wall 5+ years prior

Tell me more about this, please? All I've heard was that XJT was a darling, poised to be bigger than SKW, and it was the best operation out there, etc....what was the writing on the wall, hindsight being 20/20?

Tell me more about this, please? All I've heard was that XJT was a darling, poised to be bigger than SKW, and it was the best operation out there, etc....what was the writing on the wall, hindsight being 20/20?
I was there at XJT as well. SKW management tried to pass a concessionary contract and eroding our scope. We voted it down. Then the E145s started leaving for Trans States. My upgrade went from a few years to infinity.
We acquired some AA flying in DFW, but still SKW was getting all the good stuff. Back then getting more 1000s of SIC in a 145 wasnt gonna help me move on, and saw XJT was on a downward path... I left. The way things turned out, I'm glad I did.

I was there at XJT as well. SKW management tried to pass a concessionary contract and eroding our scope. We voted it down. Then the E145s started leaving for Trans States. My upgrade went from a few years to infinity.
We acquired some AA flying in DFW, but still SKW was getting all the good stuff. Back then getting more 1000s of SIC in a 145 wasnt gonna help me move on, and saw XJT was on a downward path... I left. The way things turned out, I'm glad I did.

I have heard - anecdotally - that part of the reason the 145s started going to TSA was because SKW had loaned UA money, and thus had some degree of influence over how UA was making decisions, so they effectively forced XJT into an untenable position.

Again, don't know how true that is, but have wondered about it since it seems to be a consistent theme.

IMO the writing on the wall was when skw bought us. Once we went out on our own with the toothpaste tube debacle and then when skw bought us I figured it was the beginning of the end.

IMO the writing on the wall was when skw bought us. Once we went out on our own with the toothpaste tube debacle and then when skw bought us I figured it was the beginning of the end.
Yeah and meanwhile upgrade times were plummeting at other regionals, they were getting new planes (E-170s), and hiring agreements. All the opposite was happening at XJT.

It sucked because the training was great, the crews were fun, and the contract was good.

Back