FL Weather DOOOOOM!

ILSstud

So I am sitting here studying for my university finals and I decide to take a look at aviationweather.gov ... LOOK AT THIS :drool: looks like a lot of fun is in store tonight. This is why I love FL:D

Safe flying if you are up in the skies!

30uwy8k.jpg

Actually that doesn't look too bad. . .just some solid rain, and a few embedded TS. Obviously doesn't undermine the responsible decision to stay on the ground though.

Actually that doesn't look too bad. . .just some solid rain, and a few embedded TS. Obviously doesn't undermine the responsible decision to stay on the ground though.

Our turbulence plot system had that thing as 7/10 coverage. That means "no way in hell are you gonna be able to pick your way through" in layman's terms.

Our turbulence plot system had that thing as 7/10 coverage. That means "no way in hell are you gonna be able to pick your way through" in layman's terms.

flight_track_map.rvt

FLX 110 seems to disagree. Freight #1! ;)

Edit: Wait, better, here's the same guy going in to Craig last night.

flight_track_map.rvt

To paraphrase Star Wars: This guy is my kind of freight scum. Check plus.

I do (I've become a big wuss in my old age), that guy doesn't. Well, wait 81C had weather radar, but it mostly just painted the ground, IIRC. heh. Plus, I think they keep that plane up north since it has boots.

flight_track_map.rvt

FLX 110 seems to disagree. Freight #1! ;)

Edit: Wait, better, here's the same guy going in to Craig last night.

flight_track_map.rvt

To paraphrase Star Wars: This guy is my kind of freight scum. Check plus.
Dispatch probably told them that they they could see holes in the weather and it was a no brainer decision to go.

I must say, thunderstorms are refreshing for a change here in Daytona. I'm just sitting in one of the buildings here on campus, and some people are "Wow, this is a crazy storm". Apparently, in Florida, anything with thunder is a crazy storm. Back up in the flat lands of Kansas, this wouldn't have been nothing. No Hail=not a crazy storm. Plus, the storm gave me a chance to study up on the Duchess' systems.

Don't deviate, penetrate.....

...or you'll be late. :)

Late freight! Aieeeeeeeeee!

braunpilot said:
Dispatch probably told them that they they could see holes in the weather and it was a no brainer decision to go.

Hah. Probably. I'll bet it was Tristan. To be fair, the guy may just need a wheelbarrow for his balls. There used to be a guy down in Florida who would fly through anything. He'd just go down to like 3 or 4k, strap in, and plow through it. I used to watch him on flightaware just for kicks, going through level 5s and 6s always in an absolutely straight line. Can't remember his name, met him once at Craig. Crazy, beautiful bastard.

I do (I've become a big wuss in my old age), that guy doesn't. Well, wait 81C had weather radar, but it mostly just painted the ground, IIRC. heh. Plus, I think they keep that plane up north since it has boots.

Yes on both of those accounts. 714 has been using that airplane recently. Funny looking 210 with the radar pod underneath the right wing. You are an old man, but Jay Rome was ancient.

Hah. Probably. I'll bet it was Tristan. To be fair, the guy may just need a wheelbarrow for his balls. There used to be a guy down in Florida who would fly through anything. He'd just go down to like 3 or 4k, strap in, and plow through it. I used to watch him on flightaware just for kicks, going through level 5s and 6s always in an absolutely straight line. Can't remember his name, met him once at Craig. Crazy, beautiful bastard.

I remember too many when I was down in FL that would FREAK OUT when a green blob appeared on the radar screen. They kept asking ME how bad it was and I was like, I AM A VFR LINE PILOT! I just stay away from the stuff I can't see through. Those were the ones that usually lasted only two weeks, AND THEY WERE IFR QUALIFIED.

I must say, thunderstorms are refreshing for a change here in Daytona. I'm just sitting in one of the buildings here on campus, and some people are "Wow, this is a crazy storm". Apparently, in Florida, anything with thunder is a crazy storm. Back up in the flat lands of Kansas, this wouldn't have been nothing. No Hail=not a crazy storm. Plus, the storm gave me a chance to study up on the Duchess' systems.

Probably haven't been in FL long. Central FL is like the lightning capital of the world. Wait till the summer hits.....

Wow damn, I should have kept up on checking the weather!

It's good that we're getting this rain, due to the draught HCAA is forcing TPA to hold the air conditioning temp at 78 since it's a water based a/c system... Long story short, it's hot as hell inside the entire airport.

picture3f.png

Probably haven't been in FL long. Central FL is like the lightning capital of the world. Wait till the summer hits.....

Yeah, it rains lightning over in Tampa Bay during the summer months. I'll be driving over the bridge that crosses the bay with bolts touching down all around me. Scariest stuff I've ever experienced.

Back