First CFI job

gomntwins

Well... I got my first CFI job today. I actually started the day being trained in on dispatch... it was my first day. I was supposed to be training from 6-noon. I was manning the phones when an instructor called to say that he'd been hired by American Eagle. By mid-afternoon I had been promoted from dispatch to CFI. I got it all set in stone by 4pm this evening, and I start flying tomorrow at 6:30 a.m.! I've got 3 students tomorrow... one instrument and two privates. One flight's going to be a cross country, one flight will be getting an instrument student back into it after 4 months off, and my last flight will be teaching ground reference maneuvers to a private. I'm extremely nervous at the moment... but I'm definitely excited!! Hopefully it'll go well... it's been awhile since I've done some of the things... but from what I've heard, it'll come right back!

[ QUOTE ]
By mid-afternoon I had been promoted from dispatch to CFI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, moving up the ranks fast.

Geat job getting there.
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Ha!

Congrats man!
cool.gif

I'm thinking about getting checked out in the 182, maybe I'll have to request a instructor.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Ha!

Congrats man!
cool.gif

I'm thinking about getting checked out in the 182, maybe I'll have to request a instructor.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it! The 182's are a nice ride... what would you go for, the 182 or the 182 turbo?

the first day is over... I managed to fly for 4.2 hours today, and billed for 5.7... not bad for a first day! I'm satisified... but I'm shot! Good times!

Hey, congrats man. That is outstanding and those nervous feelings are totally normal and go away. I remember those....good times.

Surf

Back