First 1000

Eh, don't worry---I was never one of the cool kids either. I turned out ok, too! :) You--guidance counselor? Are you trying to say you were a "problem child?" ;)

I was 'precocious' and was frequently reminded I was not achieving my full potential. Probably still true.. the full potential thing. Anyway, the counselor wound up in AA (not sure if I contributed to that).

Still a bit off track. I was at recurrent recently and the door going into the men's room had a brass plaque on it engraved with PUSH. At the bottom of the plaque was a large handle ( something usually used to PULL things). I asked a group of the instructors if the door was some kind of test with the PUSH sign and the handle. One instructor I have worked with a few times said, "You are probably the first guy to say anything about that and somehow that does not surprise me."

Finally, lots of pen-names here. Mine, Orange Anchor, is not a boating term or color. The refueling orbits we flew in Southeast Asia had different names and colors. Along the Thai/Cambodian border was the 'fruit bowl' consisting of Orange, Apple and Peach Anchors. In Vietnam there were the Red, Blue and White orbits and just north of Danang was the Purple Anchor and sitting between Haiphong and Hainan was the Purple North where we dropped the fighters off when they were going 'downtown'. I spent a lot of time in both the Orange and Purple North anchors. Orange Anchor seemed like a good forum name for a place to hang out.

Back