Features you'd like to see at Jetcareers

Yea, you and MANAGEMENT. They love to check out these and other forums to see whats going on.

. . .I think management knows that half the people talking aobut revolution in the airline bizz are keyboard commandos.

But, vote with staying employed (at any cost) when the chips are down..

Yea, you and MANAGEMENT. They love to check out these and other forums to see whats going on.

I see the risk in this - but I can't see how MANAGEMENT could not learn a thing or two about how they screw with peoples lives everyday. Maybe it can help them to get a bit more concious?

In my book seeing some of these posts tells me more about their employees loyality and ability to put up with utter BS than the usual "Yes Boss, Sure Boss, I'll do that immediately Boss!".

I see the risk in this - but I can't see how MANAGEMENT could not learn a thing or two about how they screw with peoples lives everyday. Maybe it can help them to get a bit more concious?

Lol... Madoff and his ilk probably are at home crying about how they stole money from the little guy and how sorry they feel for doing it!

:sarcasm:

How about something along the lines of a dedicated GA area. I know Jetcareers is oriented to professional pilots, I'm sure there are at least some people here who still like flying GA.

Getting rid of the profanity filter for Private Messages

That would involve some coding which is far above my pay grade.

Probably far easier for the user to use the Queen's English rather than dig through a bunch of PHP! N'est-ce pas monsieur? :)

Hey, darling, this here isn't a dating service....:p

How perfect would it be to to have a system where I could click on NYC which would bring you up as a choice on my menu of members. I could right click on you and in the drop down menu I could select *Dinner and Drinks* then *Bedtime Stories* ....after verifying the above date and time, an automated text or email would be sent to you notifying you that we had a date. I see it as a seamless way to have a little company on a layover without having to waste a lot of time talking on the phone. Wouldn't you love getting a text informing you that we were hooking up tomorrow afternoon at three? And, don't forget your pajamas....:crazy:;)

Not a long the same lines but I think it would be really cool to do a JC Podcast once weekly or bi-weekly. Could have TG do a topic on aerodynamics every week, Doug do a state of the union, plenty of Airline Pilots to P&M about the industry...etc.

I know I would listen to it.

Trust me, I might not be as interesting as is readily apparent!

I'm a little more of the heckler in the back of the room that smells like beer, rather than the guy on the podium!

This would prevent (or at least deter to some extent) drunk posting. And then Doug would get fewer emails saying, "Oh, Crap...can you delete that please?"

'Cos once you put it on the net...it's there to stay.

Indeed. I get a lot of "OMG! COuld you delete XXXXXX" three or four days later when it's already on the top of Google's search result.

Primarily why "The Lavatory" is not indexable. Indexible? Index-able?

An Iphone app that you can choose which forums to browse.... (such as only general and airline pilot) and you see all new threads with the ability to "tag" a thread for updates (within the app)

Part #1 Complete:
Picture 6.png

Part #2 -- I think that's where the "subscribe" feature comes into play. Lemme see if that's even turned on or not.

Did the 'new posts' button just get added to the mobile style skin or have I always been missing it?

How perfect would it be to to have a system where I could click on NYC which would bring you up as a choice on my menu of members. I could right click on you and in the drop down menu I could select *Dinner and Drinks* then *Bedtime Stories* ....after verifying the above date and time, an automated text or email would be sent to you notifying you that we had a date. I see it as a seamless way to have a little company on a layover without having to waste a lot of time talking on the phone. Wouldn't you love getting a text informing you that we were hooking up tomorrow afternoon at three? And, don't forget your pajamas....:crazy:;)

Lot's of people admire you for many reasons...but this post right here...this is why you are a special hero of mine. Carry on Captain!

You really ought to come out of your shell a bit. You're way too reserved and repressed. :D

Lot's of people admire you for many reasons...but this post right here...this is why you are a special hero of mine. Carry on Captain!

DON'T, I repeat, DON'T encourage the good Captain....:crazy:

That would involve some coding which is far above my pay grade.

Probably far easier for the user to use the Queen's English rather than dig through a bunch of PHP! N'est-ce pas monsieur? :)

I'll double whatever you make now!

Good thing you're a pilot because I don't have much money to spare :D

Would LOVE this. I asked Doug for an accident investigation forum a year or so ago and he said "shut up Bozo, we aren't doing that". Actually, he was nice and they listed reasons why they hadn't done that - and if I recall one of them was the lack of someone that could keep the thread on tack and make it a really useful learning tool. I would be in favor of this.

Doug Taylor?!

I skimmed through all the posts so maybe this has been covered. Why not a chat option? People are always AIM, I say there you set up an area for live chat.

I think that's a good idea. Add to that list something like the accident/incident case studies that MikeD used to post periodically.

This a great idea and could be a good learning tool for those that are new or didn't get to study the classic crashes in school.

The wiki idea is great, and you could toss up some wiki software really easily.

Like the WIKI idea too..

How about a FAQ area for the new people to the board....

Right after the 'New Jersey is Where Real Men are Born; Who go out and Bless Other State's with Their Presence Forum'

Back