Empire airlines

sky_captn

275HP Lawnmower
Anyone know the current status of hiring/need? Hear West Air looking at folks below 2000TT due to a need to fill runs, anything like that at empire?

They've been advertising for ATR C/As at "less than optimal" locations for a while now. Latest is Anchorage. I would take this to mean that they have a lot of F/Os who don't meet upgrade mins (or, alternately, don't want to move to West Texas or Alaska).

A guy I used to fly with just got hired there as a street Captain I believe. He is in class as we speak. Guess that is a yes on the hiring, although I don't really know any specifics.

They've been advertising for ATR C/As at "less than optimal" locations for a while now. Latest is Anchorage. I would take this to mean that they have a lot of F/Os who don't meet upgrade mins (or, alternately, don't want to move to West Texas or Alaska).
The Anchorage ATR run schedules actually looks pretty sweet. Honestly I'd apply, but I think the pay is terrible for the position.

The Anchorage ATR run schedules actually looks pretty sweet. Honestly I'd apply, but I think the pay is terrible for the position.
If you're from AK it's a sweet schedule, I have a buddy who got hired as an FO there recently, and was told he'd be upgraded by spring.

Incidentally, for those concerned about the money, I'm told first year C/A pay is more like $55k than the ~44k on APC. Apparently it hasn't been updated?

Still sucks, but sucks substantially less.

Do they still require an ATP to be hired? Or is it like the airlines and just need your written and they'll take care of the rest once you're an FO??

Incidentally, for those concerned about the money, I'm told first year C/A pay is more like $55k than the ~44k on APC. Apparently it hasn't been updated?

Still sucks, but sucks substantially less.
That is about right, plus they do get per diem by the hour that they're away from base which adds a few thou at the end of the year. I know the first year FO pay rate is about $27,500 plus per diem, so the rates on APC are wildly out of date.

What's the schedule like out of Rapid City? I just got called for a phone interview to be based there.

Correct, I believe it's also a rotation, 2 on/1 off perhaps?

gomntwins would be the one to ask
It's not exactly a rotation, the way Empire does time off is pretty weird. You get more time off the more you work/fly, some kind of ratio. But yeah, you wouldn't be doing it every week.

I know Empire has some weird time off thing, but the way they staff up here in Rapid is 2 Captains and 1 FO, so it essentially works out to being 2 weeks on and 1 week off. Let me know if you take the route... I currently have an affordable 1 bedroom apartment up for rent that I'd be willing to do a month to month lease on for a pilot if you're looking for a place to live in Rapid City.

I know Empire has some weird time off thing, but the way they staff up here in Rapid is 2 Captains and 1 FO, so it essentially works out to being 2 weeks on and 1 week off. Let me know if you take the route... I currently have an affordable 1 bedroom apartment up for rent that I'd be willing to do a month to month lease on for a pilot if you're looking for a place to live in Rapid City.

I'll let you know after Wednesday. Sounds like a good deal though.

How's the 2 weeks on 1 week off schedule work? It is a hard set schedule, wondering if I could commute it. Do they have jumpseat agreements with anyone?

How's the 2 weeks on 1 week off schedule work? It is a hard set schedule, wondering if I could commute it. Do they have jumpseat agreements with anyone?
They are in CASS and have jumpseat agreements with every major carrier. Not sure commuting would be much fun though.

If I recall correctly, it's not one week off, but one week on reserve. I interviewed and was hired just before I got hired at CommutAir. Not great pay but not the worst either. It really seemed like a great place to work for and if time building wasn't important to me I would have taken that job in a minute. Of course that was for the ATR schedule so Caravan might be different.

Back