Envoy Growing

I think so? It sure seems like we’re doing a lot of traditional eagle flying. I just flew with a guy that was a flow and he was certain that not only were we going to Eagle airports, but that exact sequence was one he flew often at MQ.
That’s great to hear!

Are these 145 replacements or just growth airplanes? No shade at AA because I honestly don’t know, but it doesn’t seem like a good sign when a major is buying more RJ’s. Delta and United has been taking over regional routes with mainline aircraft. Is that happening at AA also? I’m still seeing SkyWest doing PHX-STL or MCI sometimes.
They aren't replacements, they are growth. Total fleet count now 140 and these will bring it to 169. The plan was always for Envoy to grow with the 175 frame. Eventually you'll see some of the other partner carriers flying pared back. AA would love Envoy to operate 500 175s but right now that just isn't possible. This is just one more step in that direction though which is good for everyone there.

They aren't replacements, they are growth. Total fleet count now 140 and these will bring it to 169. The plan was always for Envoy to grow with the 175 frame. Eventually you'll see some of the other partner carriers flying pared back. AA would love Envoy to operate 500 175s but right now that just isn't possible. This is just one more step in that direction though which is good for everyone there.

What direction? More RJs isn’t a good thing for mainline careers.

Then again, you’re the person who got a twinkle in his eye when he saw 2 737s and 2 E175s at BNA. That used to be 2 727s and 2 F100s flown 100% by mainline pilots. Not outsourced regional work. And save your BS of “they’re one and the same.” It just isn’t true.

What direction? More RJs isn’t a good thing for mainline careers.

Then again, you’re the person who got a twinkle in his eye when he saw 2 737s and 2 E175s at BNA. That used to be 2 727s and 2 F100s flown 100% by mainline pilots. Not outsourced regional work. And save your BS of “they’re one and the same.” It just isn’t true.
I was merely commenting that if I were a passenger walking up to the gate, I wouldn't be able to tell a difference. The 175 is one sharp bird and you've got to admit if you look down a line of gates that have the Bus, 73 and 175, you really can't tell a lot of difference unless you really look closely.

There's a reason that Envoy flies them and not PSA or PDT. Envoy is the original wholly owned carrier dating back to the AMR and American Eagle days. It's always been deeply intertwined there between the two. PSA and PDT didn't have nearly the integration and history that Envoy does. It was just convenient for US at the time to structure it that way.

I was merely commenting that if I were a passenger walking up to the gate, I wouldn't be able to tell a difference. The 175 is one sharp bird and you've got to admit if you look down a line of gates that have the Bus, 73 and 175, you really can't tell a lot of difference unless you really look closely.

There's a reason that Envoy flies them and not PSA or PDT. Envoy is the original wholly owned carrier dating back to the AMR and American Eagle days. It's always been deeply intertwined there between the two. PSA and PDT didn't have nearly the integration and history that Envoy does. It was just convenient for US at the time to structure it that way.

Most passengers can’t tell jack what they flew.

It was “United” that beat up a doctor. They don’t know what an E175 going to Louisville is, or what a Republic Airline is, or what an Envoy is.

How cute you point to Envoy being American Eagle. Shows your age. It was multiple airlines merged together over the years that became American Eagle. Flagship, Simmons, Executive, etc. and they signed a 25 yr contract with an IAI every couple years. But regardless, if it’s a wholly owned regional, who cares if it was a legacy AA regional or US regional?

You still didn’t answer the question. The other ones (PSA, Piedmont) are also wholly owned by AA. Flow. So what exactly is the difference for a pilot? Why Envoy, and not PSA or Piedmont?

Most passengers can’t tell jack what they flew.

It was “United” that beat up a doctor. They don’t know what an E175 going to Louisville is, or what a Republic Airline is, or what an Envoy is.

How cute you point to Envoy being American Eagle. Shows your age. It was multiple airlines merged together over the years that became American Eagle. Flagship, Simmons, Executive, etc. and they signed a 25 yr contract with an IAI every couple years. But regardless, if it’s a wholly owned regional, who cares if it was a legacy AA regional or US regional?

You still didn’t answer the question. The other ones (PSA, Piedmont) are also wholly owned by AA. Flow. So what exactly is the difference for a pilot? Why Envoy, and not PSA or Piedmont?
Seems like I struck a nerve. Maybe you're a pilot at RAH perhaps. You know, there's a reason that AA chose Eagle as the first carrier to operate first class on a 76 seat or less aircraft. Because of the quality of the crews. Guaranteed they could trust the Eagle/Envoy crews to meet the AA standard as that's what they were hired into in the first place. Yeah, PSA and PDT are wholly owned but ONLY because they came over from US. They were nothing more than stragglers loosely attached to US at the time where Eagle/Envoy was completely seamless with AA.

Seems like I struck a nerve. Maybe you're a pilot at RAH perhaps. You know, there's a reason that AA chose Eagle as the first carrier to operate first class on a 76 seat or less aircraft. Because of the quality of the crews. Guaranteed they could trust the Eagle/Envoy crews to meet the AA standard as that's what they were hired into in the first place. Yeah, PSA and PDT are wholly owned but ONLY because they came over from US. They were nothing more than stragglers loosely attached to US at the time where Eagle/Envoy was completely seamless with AA.
New theory.
Dacuj is a bot @Cherokee_Cruiser created so he doesn't look like the craziest person on here.

Seems like I struck a nerve. Maybe you're a pilot at RAH perhaps.

Yea, I’m a RAH pilot. As in RAH-RAH-RAH! trying yo call out BS where I see it here.

You know, there's a reason that AA chose Eagle as the first carrier to operate first class on a 76 seat or less aircraft. Because of the quality of the crews. Guaranteed they could trust the Eagle/Envoy crews to meet the AA standard as that's what they were hired into in the first place.

GMAB. They’re the same pool of regional pilots available to other airlines. Literally the same. And pilots can be coached to pass an interview. In fact, some companies guarantee you’ll get hired or you get your prep money back.

Yeah, PSA and PDT are wholly owned but ONLY because they came over from US. They were nothing more than stragglers loosely attached to US at the time where Eagle/Envoy was completely seamless with AA.

Let me guess, you proudly wear a “Hired, Not Acquired” bag tag on your flight crew bags.

:aghast: I got a headache now. The only good thing would be to take all those 175’s and have them on AA mainline’s certificate flown by mainline pilots and flight attendants.

Homeboy thinks this is a recruiting website.

@Dacuj here’s a win-win for you. Go post this drech on Reddit /r/flying. Lots more people with regional aspirations there. You would be better off spending more time there, and we would be better off if you did as well.

@Dacuj

Speaking of passengers, I bought confirmed tickets for our spring break to Cancun. Going out on Alaska, and coming back on American.

Both legs are on a 737-800.

Alaska has 159 total seats in their -800, American stuffs 172 seats in theirs.

Which one do you think I, as a paying passenger, is going to admire and find more comfortable?

@Dacuj

Speaking of passengers, I bought confirmed tickets for our spring break to Cancun. Going out on Alaska, and coming back on American.

Both legs are on a 737-800.

Alaska has 159 total seats in their -800, American stuffs 172 seats in theirs.

Which one do you think I, as a paying passenger, is going to admire and find more comfortable?
Robert Isom says you're going to love the AA plane. It's what passengers want! It's the premium product! (If you're a low-cost carrier from Phoenix)

You can take the boy out of Tempe, but you'll never take the Tempe out of the boy.

Back