Envoy Growing

Homeboy thinks this is a recruiting website.

@Dacuj here’s a win-win for you. Go post this drech on Reddit /r/flying. Lots more people with regional aspirations there. You would be better off spending more time there, and we would be better off if you did as well.
Where was all this growth when we were there? 😫

@Dacuj

Speaking of passengers, I bought confirmed tickets for our spring break to Cancun. Going out on Alaska, and coming back on American.

Both legs are on a 737-800.

Alaska has 159 total seats in their -800, American stuffs 172 seats in theirs.

Which one do you think I, as a paying passenger, is going to admire and find more comfortable?

IMG_0601.jpeg

☝🏻First was Alaska

and this is AA 👇🏻
IMG_0602.jpeg

Hope ya splurged for first class!

That might be outdated. It seems all of AA 737-800 and MAX8 are 172 seats. And for Alaska, most are 159 seats, and a few are 162 seats.
I've non revved in back on Alaska and find their seats comparable to AA's. In fact, I would go as far to say the AA cabin is slightly more comfortable.

I've non revved in back on Alaska and find their seats comparable to AA's. In fact, I would go as far to say the AA cabin is slightly more comfortable.

Is math not a requirement to be hired at Envoy?

Alaska 159 seats < American 172 seats

That’s 13 seats less. That translates to more comfort for the remaining passengers.

Alaska also has 1 Lav in the front and 3 in the back of a 737-800. That’s more comfort, helps reduce lines for bathroom in flight.

*The 162 seat Alaska 737-800s are only a few handful, and they added 3 more seats by removing the 4th lav. Most nearly all airlines in this country have 3 lavs in a 737-800. 1 front, 2 back. Alaska has a majority with 1 front, and 3 lavs back.

dacuj you’re just full of it. You can’t even carry a honest conversation.

Is math not a requirement to be hired at Envoy?

Alaska 159 seats < American 172 seats

That’s 13 seats less. That translates to more comfort for the remaining passengers.

Alaska also has 1 Lav in the front and 3 in the back of a 737-800. That’s more comfort, helps reduce lines for bathroom in flight.

*The 162 seat Alaska 737-800s are only a few handful, and they added 3 more seats by removing the 4th lav. Most nearly all airlines in this country have 3 lavs in a 737-800. 1 front, 2 back. Alaska has a majority with 1 front, and 3 lavs back.

dacuj you’re just full of it. You can’t even carry a honest conversation.
Sounds like somebody that has wet dreams of Alaska. I guess that might be the case since you are at RAH. Probably American just round filed your app would be my guess.

Sounds like somebody that has wet dreams of Alaska. I guess that might be the case since you are at RAH. Probably American just round filed your app would be my guess.

I’ve been married long enough not to take the bait. My response to that is honey, let’s refocus on topic what we were talking about, and that was seat numbers and comfort comparison of 737-800s at AS and AA.

Well….

I heard a pilot left Delta for Envoy and got the $200,000 signing bonus.

The story from the 175 check airman was as follows:

He got bought out by delta during the pandemic.

Didn’t plan on ever flying 121 again.

For S&g he applied at Envoy. Didn’t expect envoy to call

Somehow they called him back and hired him as a direct entry captain

He got longevity credit for his 25 years at Delta

He got on line. Doesn’t work much as he’s 64.5 when he got on line and with 25 years of longevity he got 6 weeks of vacation.

he takes a week of vacation every month and then he punches out and finally retires for good at 65.

Walking away with the $200000 signing bonus for 1/2 a year of work.

At least that’s the story I heard from the envoy 175 check airman.

Well….

He got on line. Doesn’t work much as he’s 64.5 when he got on line and with 25 years of longevity he got 6 weeks of vacation.

he takes a week of vacation every month and then he punches out and finally retires for good at 65.

It actually seems plausible.

Well….

had a beagle CKA in the jump not to long ago. He reported multiples of that same story.

My favorite Envoy memory was when they were called “American Eagle” and they didn’t tell you what aircraft you were coming to class for—you just showed up, they put up a list of slots, you sorted yourselves by age and figured out what you were hired into.

At the time it was CRJ DFW/ORD, EMJ everything, Saab DFW and LAX, and ATR SJU and MIA. No airline tells you what base you’re going to get but I don’t know of another that wouldn’t tell you what plane you were coming to class for.

We got there the first day of indoc and all the bases were written on a big whiteboard, and we were all like omg we can be based in the states! Joy!

And then they were like “these are our bases.” And erased everything except for San Juan. “This is what’s available. Also a 1 year seat lock”. So we all spent the first bathroom break in tearful conversations with our SO’s.

I wish @Dacuj could have hosted a feel good campout for our class, we needed it.

At the time it was CRJ DFW/ORD, EMJ everything, Saab DFW and LAX, and ATR SJU and MIA. No airline tells you what base you’re going to get but I don’t know of another that wouldn’t tell you what plane you were coming to class for.

Up until about 5 years ago my shop didn't tell you what aircraft would be available for a class. I showed up hoping for the 767. All two weeks of indoc they told the entire class we'd be getting the 767. Day 1 of systems rolled around and they dropped 717 manuals on our desks.

Granted the base was the same no matter what as one was way way more senior than the other.

I don’t know of another that wouldn’t tell you what plane you were coming to class for.

As far as I know that's fairly common for airlines with more than 1 type. I was hired at C5 during the time when they had both the Dash 8 and the EMB-145 and we didn't find out which we were getting until the last day of Indoc.

what the hell!?!?!...stop with this crap, I want more of the Frank Reynolds-esque Trumpian circle jerk that is @Dacuj

@Dacuj Real question: Do you wear the same wings as you did at Envoy...since you know, it's the same "company"?..asking for the collective pilot brain trust.

Well….

I want you to know… I WAS ME.

I chugged 26 years of seniority and a line-holding 350 captain job for that sweet sweet signing bonus at Envoy.

It was worth the massive pay cut, crappy layovers performing what are effectively ‘dual cross countries’ the rest of my career as I slowly age-out.

Back