Envoy Growing

Dacuj

In case any of you missed it, Envoy is getting bigger! Excellent news outlined below! Looking forward to another banner year of hiring more AA pilots.

US's Envoy Air orders eleven E170s, eight E175s: Envoy Air (MQ, Dallas/Fort Worth) will add 19 incremental Embraer regional jets, including eleven E175s and eight E175s, with deliveries due to start in the fourth quarter of 2024.

The American Airlines (AA, Dallas/Fort Worth) subsidiary clarified to ch-aviation that the order comprises a mix of new-built E175s due directly from Embraer and second-hand E170s and E175s added from other carriers.

The ch-aviation fleets advanced module shows that Envoy Air currently operates thirty E170s and 108 E175s, all of...

In case any of you missed it, Envoy is getting bigger! Excellent news outlined below! Looking forward to another banner year of hiring more AA pilots.

US's Envoy Air orders eleven E170s, eight E175s: Envoy Air (MQ, Dallas/Fort Worth) will add 19 incremental Embraer regional jets, including eleven E175s and eight E175s, with deliveries due to start in the fourth quarter of 2024.

The American Airlines (AA, Dallas/Fort Worth) subsidiary clarified to ch-aviation that the order comprises a mix of new-built E175s due directly from Embraer and second-hand E170s and E175s added from other carriers.

The ch-aviation fleets advanced module shows that Envoy Air currently operates thirty E170s and 108 E175s, all of...

Why would an AA seniority list pilot want to see regional growth?

Because Envoy is wholly owned by American Airlines Group. American Airlines Group also wholly owns American. They're the same company. And they need pilots, lots of them. Just do a search on retirement numbers at AA.
1706717796083.gif

Because Envoy is wholly owned by American Airlines Group. American Airlines Group also wholly owns American. They're the same company. And they need pilots, lots of them. Just do a search on retirement numbers at AA.
So you also consider Piedmont and PSA pilots to be the same company? They're wholly owned subsidiaries as well.

Well I'm triggered.

Seriously, though...if we are the same company, and this somehow benefits me, does that mean I can bid for 'Voy flying?

Well I'm triggered.

Seriously, though...if we are the same company, and this somehow benefits me, does that mean I can bid for 'Voy flying?
If you bid down to EMJ CA, don’t call in sick for (checks notes) ever, you could flow to AA and then…..

So you also consider Piedmont and PSA pilots to be the same company? They're wholly owned subsidiaries as well.
Well @Dacuj? Are Piedmont and PSA included in your grouping as a wholly owned AAG subsidiary with a flow to AA or not? By your definition they’re either all one big happy family or they aren’t, which one is it?

guitar-campfire-songs.jpg

1706745266909.png

IMG_3300.gif

For those sitting in the nosebleed seats, regional jobs are NOT mainline jobs. They are cost savings vehicles firmly planted on the back of labor.

Do an interwebz search for ‘B Scale’ - then realize this isn’t even that. It’s somewhere down near the J or K scale range. Management is eagerly waiting for these huge pay raises on the regional level to expire so we can go right back to the same old whipsaw/FFD games.

View attachment 76282

For those sitting in the nosebleed seats, regional jobs are NOT mainline jobs. They are cost savings vehicles firmly planted on the back of labor.

Do an interwebz search for ‘B Scale’ - then realize this isn’t even that. It’s somewhere down near the J or K scale range. Management is eagerly waiting for these huge pay raises on the regional level to expire so we can go right back to the same old whipsaw/FFD games.
The "D-minus, see me after class" scale.

It is impressive that Envoy now owns some of the oldest E170s in existence.

They could probably some of those vanity antique registration plates.

What are your thoughts on the Union @Dacuj? What are your thoughts on scope? If you had to choose between an Eagle painted Republic Airways E175, an Eagle painted SkyWest Airlines E175, or an Eagle painted Envoy E175 which one do you think has the most prestige? Lastly do you have application in at Envoy? I heard Envoy is hiring.

Last edited:
Are these 145 replacements or just growth airplanes? No shade at AA because I honestly don’t know, but it doesn’t seem like a good sign when a major is buying more RJ’s. Delta and United has been taking over regional routes with mainline aircraft. Is that happening at AA also? I’m still seeing SkyWest doing PHX-STL or MCI sometimes.

Are these 145 replacements or just growth airplanes? No shade at AA because I honestly don’t know, but it doesn’t seem like a good sign when a major is buying more RJ’s. Delta and United has been taking over regional routes with mainline aircraft. Is that happening at AA also? I’m still seeing SkyWest doing PHX-STL or MCI sometimes.
I think so? It sure seems like we’re doing a lot of traditional eagle flying. I just flew with a guy that was a flow and he was certain that not only were we going to Eagle airports, but that exact sequence was one he flew often at MQ.

Back