Envoy Growing

Well….

I heard a pilot left Delta for Envoy and got the $200,000 signing bonus.

The story from the 175 check airman was as follows:

He got bought out by delta during the pandemic.

Didn’t plan on ever flying 121 again.

For S&g he applied at Envoy. Didn’t expect envoy to call

Somehow they called him back and hired him as a direct entry captain

He got longevity credit for his 25 years at Delta

He got on line. Doesn’t work much as he’s 64.5 when he got on line and with 25 years of longevity he got 6 weeks of vacation.

he takes a week of vacation every month and then he punches out and finally retires for good at 65.

Walking away with the $200000 signing bonus for 1/2 a year of work.

At least that’s the story I heard from the envoy 175 check airman.
Apparently we had a few folks from brown who took the early out go to PSA. Idk how long they’ll stay but sounds like they’re able to drop a good portion of their schedule. The irony is going to a regional and having better schedule manipulation.

I want you to know… I WAS ME.

I chugged 26 years of seniority and a line-holding 350 captain job for that sweet sweet signing bonus at Envoy.

It was worth the massive pay cut, crappy layovers performing what are effectively ‘dual cross countries’ the rest of my career as I slowly age-out.
Careful! You’re gonna make @Dacuj moist.

I want you to know… I WAS ME.

I chugged 26 years of seniority and a line-holding 350 captain job for that sweet sweet signing bonus at Envoy.

It was worth the massive pay cut, crappy layovers performing what are effectively ‘dual cross countries’ the rest of my career as I slowly age-out.
I think there is a small demographic that this would be a good fit for. Couple years until retirement, offered an early out, with a crappy work ethic.

I’d take the retirement, take the bonus money, then retire to a few trips every few months.

“Poser, we’ve got a three day trip for you. Sign in is at 1325.”

“No thanks. I got a tee time at 3. Maybe next week”

I think there is a small demographic that this would be a good fit for. Couple years until retirement, offered an early out, with a crappy work ethic.

I’d take the retirement, take the bonus money, then retire to a few trips every few months.

“Poser, we’ve got a three day trip for you. Sign in is at 1325.”

“No thanks. I got a tee time at 3. Maybe next week”

You’d think!

One of my good friends took an early out to go fly with his son at one of the wholly-owneds. Flew with his son a handful of times, realized that when he was on a regular trip that “this place is broke AF” and quit.

You’d think!

One of my good friends took an early out to go fly with his son at one of the wholly-owneds. Flew with his son a handful of times, realized that when he was on a regular trip that “this place is broke AF” and quit.
I believe it! Buuuut. He didn’t HAVE to quit. Lol just don’t go fly.

You’d think!

Pardin the type but i'm on the west coast andwas out on a bit of a bender last night. PSA and pDT are reilly not considered WO. they got the status but nowhere near the same. so you aint talkin bout envoy here. Those places give the VOy a bad name.

That’s always in the back of my mind when it comes to the post 65 crowd reliving the Burgs and Villes glory days. I don’t believe for a minute that these guys want to do RJ-style flying—much less a Part 135 backdoor boondoggle administered by Saint George.

Trying to imagine Mr. Sydney every Tuesday in a 50-seater downgaged to 30 is a good laugh.

Pardin the type but i'm on the west coast andwas out on a bit of a bender last night. PSA and pDT are reilly not considered WO. they got the status but nowhere near the same. so you aint talkin bout envoy here. Those places give the VOy a bad name.
c'mon bro answer the question: Do you still wear your "Voy" wings instead of the AA wings since you think they are the same company???

That’s always in the back of my mind when it comes to the post 65 crowd reliving the Burgs and Villes glory days. I don’t believe for a minute that these guys want to do RJ-style flying—much less a Part 135 backdoor boondoggle administered by Saint George.

Trying to imagine Mr. Sydney every Tuesday in a 50-seater downgaged to 30 is a good laugh.

They’ll sick out with catlike quickness.

We’ve had multiple retired airline dudes fly for my old 135 shop. Takes all types I guess.

I’ve been married long enough not to take the bait. My response to that is honey, let’s refocus on topic what we were talking about, and that was seat numbers and comfort comparison of 737-800s at AS and AA.
Dude don’t let him bully you like that! I’ve seen you fight back, you can win this thing!!!!

The vibe I’m getting from this post
1707623802181.gif

/chefskiss

Well, since Piedmont is/was actually Henson Airlines, founded in 1961, well before American Eagle was even a gleam in Crandall's eye, you should be bowing down to them. The Eagle that became Envoy wasn't even that until 1991.

If you're going to troll, you need to know your history.

Well, since Piedmont is/was actually Henson Airlines, founded in 1961, well before American Eagle was even a gleam in Crandall's eye, you should be bowing down to them. The Eagle that became Envoy wasn't even that until 1991.

If you're going to troll, you need to know your history.

Not to mention, PSA (Jetstream International Airlines) became a wholly owned carrier of (actual) Piedmont Airlines... (which became USAir which became USAirways which became American), in 1985.

Real trolls get the history right.

Not to mention, PSA (Jetstream International Airlines) became a wholly owned carrier of (actual) Piedmont Airlines... (which became USAir which became USAirways which became American), in 1985.

Real trolls get the history right.

Don't forget Suburban and Pennsylvania!

Back